The Move to Rucker

Yes, Picerne does housing based on your projected rank if you're a flight student. There is no wait list or anything. Don't let them put you in Allen Heights as it's a hellhole. Bowden and Munson are actually pretty nice with a lot of new construction.

So this holds true for 2LT? My unit was telling me to move too enterprise once I get a chance

I live in Dothan, personally. Enterprise is nice enough. If you're single I'd do that as they will take all your bah on post. You'd be better off finding a low rent town house. If you have kids the Enterprise schools are pretty good.

So this holds true for 2LT? My unit was telling me to move too enterprise once I get a chance

From what I know, woft candidates are pcs'd from the onset.

You might want to double check on that. It totally depends on whether you are coming from enlisted to woft, civilian to woft, other branch to woft, etc. Some will PCS before WOCS. Some will PCS after WOCS.

You might want to double check on that. It totally depends on whether you are coming from enlisted to woft, civilian to woft, other branch to woft, etc. Some will PCS before WOCS. Some will PCS after WOCS.

I'll check on that, thanks.

I live in Dothan, personally. Enterprise is nice enough. If you're single I'd do that as they will take all your bah on post. You'd be better off finding a low rent town house. If you have kids the Enterprise schools are pretty good.

Just me and the dog, a golden retriever. Is the area good for running and biking outside?

Westgate park in Dothan is the best within 50 miles. It has a 3.3 walking trail and a separate biking trail around the perimeter. It also has a .5 trail in the park if you want to do laps. Enterprise park has a pretty good running trail, however. If it's just you and a dog for flight school I would recommend enterprise. It'll be easier to find classmates to watch your dog lol.

Edit: tral? Where were you on that autocorrect?

Also know of a flight student hit by a car last year who was almost kicked out of flight school due to injuries. Be careful

Was that a girl?

I heard her telling someone her tale in the library while I was writing my big paper for the WOAC.

I think I've already said this, and if I haven't, it's probably been said by someone else:

Try living off base, but close to it. It's good to get away from the place after class and on the weekends, but you don't want to add time to your already busy day with commuting. Off Rucker Blvd is a really good location. You'll be close by all of your friends (ahem...study partners... hint hint), and close enough that it only takes about 10 minutes to get to the parking lot in the morning. 3:30 comes quickly. Plus, it's nice to be able to pop home for lunch if you're in academics.

That's my .02

What about if you're married, but your family stays back home and doesn't move to Rucker. Can you still get BAH for your home record, if you stay on base? Or would you be up the creek with regards to paying for housing back home, since Rucker is a PCS?

I'm thinking along the lines of an unaccompanied remote (i.e. Korea). Anyone know anything about that option?

a friend of mine is national guard, got base housing and uses his pay to pay his house pymnt at home... dont know if hes getting bah though. probablyis cause hes married with kids

If your married. You WILL recieve BAH at w/ dependent rate. Always! Unless your dual military without kids on separate posts.. And then it depends on your rank.

If your a SINGLE commissioned officer or E6 and above you will recieve BAH at w/o dependent rate. As long as the Army is not giving you a place to stay.

If your coming to WOCS single.. The Army is taking care of your housing so they will not pay you BAH. once you leave WOCS you will recieve BAH to house yourself.

If your coming to WOCS married.. You will continue to draw BAH in order to house your dependent.