2 Days Until Sequester...

It's hard to discuss this without violating OPSEC.

Let's just say that it doesn't matter how sure you are something is going to happen, nothing is set in stone.

Way to kill a thread, Sam.

• Like 1

I think we all did a good job of not going into anything specific that isn't public knowledge...Not that I'd turn down any specific information on anything that has been vaguely alluded to that happens to come my way... :)

At any rate our thread is way less of a headache than the 100 Years War over on the General Discussion.

• Like 2

I'll bet Lockheed-Martin swings a bigger cat in congress than 300 Army aviators ever would.

Unfortunately judging by our last two wars, 300 Army Aviators are far more relevant than any number of F-35s. I'm all about having state of the art weapons for possible contingencies, but I can't see this type of weapon being useful anytime soon.

• Like 1

I think we all did a good job of not going into anything specific that isn't public knowledge...Not that I'd turn down any specific information on anything that has been vaguely alluded to that happens to come my way... :)

At any rate our thread is way less of a headache than the 100 Years War over on the General Discussion.

I wasn't pointing fingers or anything. I just had typed about 7 different replies in relation to what I'm experiencing before I just decided to not write anything at all. In this instance I simply don't know what is appropriate to share in a public forum when it comes to unit readiness and training, that's all.

I wasn't pointing fingers or anything. I just had typed about 7 different replies in relation to what I'm experiencing before I just decided to not write anything at all. In this instance I simply don't know what is appropriate to share in a public forum when it comes to unit readiness and training, that's all.

If it deals with personel numbers, OR rates, future dates, and specific TTPs, I wouldn't bring it up. Some say MTOE numbers are fine but I wouldn't give out that info either.

I'm in BOLC now, and we were told that there is a good chance that bubbles will be present when we get to all advanced airframes if this happens. It's the loss of maintience and IP's that will affect all of Rucker. 500 less flight students can go through is what I was hearing? I would think active duty should be more worried, as the guard would be pushed through I would imagine

Its just 89 billon dollars out of a total no budget spending of 3.7 trillion dollars or in other words about 2 cents out of every dollar spent of which 47 cents is borrowed. Its all BS. Come back when there is a 50% cut in real spending and a 50% cut in all the BS regulations forced on us. Its been four years since the last federal budget was agreed to passed and signed into law by a President.

• Like 2

Oh, on a side note. I heard from IP friends at Rucker that they won't be immune to these cuts either. The military guys are safe but contract and DAC could expect furloughs. It's gonna suck if they go back to doing 3 on 1s because of an IP shortage.

I have 3 on 1 right now. Our DAC that taught us on the simulator said he and his wife are going to be on furlough. 20% pay reduction for both incomes. That sucks.

I have 3 on 1 right now. Our DAC that taught us on the simulator said he and his wife are going to be on furlough. 20% pay reduction for both incomes. That sucks.

Yeah I did 3 on 1 at Lowe for almost a year. Bouncing around the Alabama countryside for 3.5 hrs a day during the summer kinda sucked. But they needed pilots for combat and we had a bubble so there was no choice. Unfortunately we lost an IP in an accident and they nixed the 3 on 1 thing not long after.

Having my pay cut 20% is that bad! Other than being an M day pilot I am a DOD civilian working full time for the national guard. They put out a policy that we will take 1 day of unpaid leave every week for the next 22 weeks.

I make roughly 28/hr x 9 hour day x 22 days please tell me how $5500 dollars over the next 6 months isn't going to be that bad.

My buddy (who is a DOD Civilian) was telling me its not as draconian as some might have you believe. He said he will be furloughed as well but has to be given 30 days notice and it will only be one day a week for a total of 28 days (of which he can take paid leave if he has it).

I don't see them closing the school house. Half the time in academics instructors were falling over each other. I'm sure someone with a decent amount of scheduling experience will manage to make the DRASTIC cuts have a minimal effect on the pipeline.