Continuing to show my "newbness" to this forum, is there a thread regarding study material? I assume manuals for the TH-67 would be a good place to start; would it behoove me to obtain a copy and memorize it, or is there somewhere better to look?

I found this site: http://www.flyusarmy.com/shop/th67-creek-c-25.html?zenid=51063ad66471ce708796bdb2118896f9

Good stuff or rip off? Thanks for any and all help, I'm super pumped to start learning.

Just pick up a copy when you get here to Rucker. Things change all the time and you don't want an outdated copy of study materials. Plus you have a LONG way to go before you get to the flight line so you have the time. Congrats!!

Continuing to show my "newbness" to this forum, is there a thread regarding study material? I assume manuals for the TH-67 would be a good place to start; would it behoove me to obtain a copy and memorize it, or is there somewhere better to look?

I found this site: http://www.flyusarmy.com/shop/th67-creek-c-25.html?zenid=51063ad66471ce708796bdb2118896f9

Good stuff or rip off? Thanks for any and all help, I'm super pumped to start learning.

Just pick up a copy when you get here to Rucker. Things change all the time and you don't want an outdated copy of study materials. Plus you have a LONG way to go before you get to the flight line so you have the time. Congrats!!

Copy that, I just don't want to show up behind the power curve if I can learn something now.

I was selected in nov and dont ship for another two weeks to basic i asked if there was anything sooner and they said that was the soonest they could get me in but it seems its always different

Anyone have an idea what the average shipping dates are? i.e. the time between selection ( today) and ship out dates to BCT? Can we select our dates?

It is mainly determined by available WOCS slots. I am in the same boat as dnanelson. Others that were selected on the Nov board made it to MEPS before I did and took the last open seats that translated into a Jan ship date. The next seat available was for the May 28 ship date to BCT.

• Like 1

5 of us from here were selected? Great stuff! (VR could so use this as a marketing ploy)

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

6 (at least). Dwasssiu was also selected.

EDIT: Just recounted. I see 7 total including dwasssiu once he posts.

It is mainly determined by available WOCS slots. I am in the same boat as dnanelson. Others that were selected on the Nov board made it to MEPS before I did and took the last open seats that translated into a Jan ship date. The next seat available was for the May 28 ship date to BCT.

So you have an option to select your days IF there are multiple days available?

So you have an option to select your days IF there are multiple days available?

Not sure, I assume they want to fill classes instead of letting you push to the right to a later class. I didn't try, I wanted the first flight out of town. I would be willing to bet if you had some extraordinary circumstamces they would compromise.

Not sure, I assume they want to fill classes instead of letting you push to the right to a later class. I didn't try, I wanted the first flight out of town. I would be willing to bet if you had some extraordinary circumstamces they would compromise.

Well I'm not trying to push back anything. Just want to understand the process. If you get what I'm saying... It's the engineer in me.

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone who got selected.

No need to sweat the small stuff too much. You don't have to know every little detail on what's in store for you at Rucker in order to survive. I went to Rucker before there were any websites like this. I don't even think there was an Army WOFT website. Everything that I got was through the mail. I knew nothing about what to expect at Rucker. I didn't study anthything in the TH-67 until after WOCS. Only helo experience I had was an hour in a CH-53 sim. In WOCS I did all my preperation in Snowbird status. Had no uniforms either.

The course today is still designed to take someone who's military experience consists of basic training and make them a WO. It's designed with time built in to take someone who knows little about Army Aviation and make them an aviator. I knew almost nothing about either one and I not only survived but excelled.

My advice for you selectees is to relax with family and enjoy your time off prior to shipping. Possibly do some PT but even that wasn't very difficult in WOCS unless you're completely out of shape. Once you're at Rucker enjoy the experience (besides SERE) and have a good time. Best year I had in the Army. All ya got to do is study aviation and you're always on the flight schedule.

Edited by Velocity173
  • Like 4