Hey y'all, I don't think I have ever introduced myself on this forum.. I've been reading VR and KP for years. Though putting my WOFT packet together was tough, it was made much easier because of all the great advice and posts founds on this forum!! Thanks to all who share!

Lindsey, USAREC kicked it back because I was one inch too short (all other measurements were at or above minimums). Someone a battalion email Rucker for clarification and they told them to resend my packet. They knew I was an inch to short but approved me anyway. They said there would be something could fly and they would figure it out when I got there... Can believe it! God is good!

I ship for BCT on September 9th to Ft Sill and have a November 27 report date for WOCS..

Congrats to everyone who was selected. It's been one heck of a ride so far! I can't wait to get started!

• Like 3

I ship for BCT on September 9th to Ft Sill and have a November 27 report date for WOCS..

Congrats to everyone who was selected. It's been one heck of a ride so far! I can't wait to get started!

You should join the FB Ft. Sill page, despite the different dates! That way we can all keep on contact and put a face to each others name.

Well hey! Congrats! Finally someone that has the same dates as me! I will be at Fort Sill on 9/9 with you and my WOCS date is 11/26... one day earlier for some reason.

Well hey! Congrats! Finally someone that has the same dates as me! I will be at Fort Sill on 9/9 with you and my WOCS date is 11/26... one day earlier for some reason.

It probably is the 26th.. I just went off the top of my head.. Very exciting though! Can't wait to meet you :)

Sept is still a shorter wait than the 6 month delay some of us have. I think your 4 month wait is perfect. It's enough time to keep working and get everything in order without rushing, but not too long to drag on forever. It does go be quick, so be sure to enjoy it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, long time unregistered lurker, first time post- also got picked up on the May board, ship date to Rucker is 13 November, class start date on the 26th.

I won't go too far into the background, but long story long, this has been over 12 years in the making (was trying to do the college to flight school thing back in 2000, served as an OH-58 crew chief on active duty for 8 years, have been in the Reserves for the last 5, and it hasn't been easy to come back- us "twice the citizens" have to go back to the regular mall recruiters and go through the same long, painful process for WOFT).

So, pretty psyched that this is a long time dream that finally came to fruition (my window was getting close- I turn 32 in August!). So I live in a weird limbo of both in and not really in service...

Noticed on the WOCS orientation packet that candidates should create a class page on the military forums, though I figured most here wouldn't be able to access the Milsuite site. I think we'll be in class # 14-004, anyone know for sure? Anyone else pumped?! Going to be a long 5 months...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while. If you don't remember me, I was not selected in May due to my 33rd birthday happening during the cancelled board due to the sequestration. I did the task of writing a letter for an age waiver back in May.

This morning, I received an email saying that they granted the waiver! Needless to say I am in shock. I took a new job and received a major promotion, started a new lease, and basically figured I would never hear back let alone get it approved. I didn't think they generally were granted from what I was told.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know where I stood. Confused, but still proud that I was accepted. I'll keep you posted as I try to decide what to do now. Damn the waiting! lol

• Like 3

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while. If you don't remember me, I was not selected in May due to my 33rd birthday happening during the cancelled board due to the sequestration. I did the task of writing a letter for an age waiver back in May.

This morning, I received an email saying that they granted the waiver! Needless to say I am in shock. I took a new job and received a major promotion, started a new lease, and basically figured I would never hear back let alone get it approved. I didn't think they generally were granted from what I was told.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know where I stood. Confused, but still proud that I was accepted. I'll keep you posted as I try to decide what to do now. Damn the waiting! lol

Wait, so did you get selected or just get an age waiver making you eligible to apply?