• 2 weeks later...

ASVAB: 79 AFQT, 124 GT
SIFT: 70
APFT: TBD
College: BA from University of Virginia, 3.27 GPA

Military Experience: 14 years in Marine Corps Reserves as a CH-46E Mechanic, Crewchief and Aerial Gunner/Observer. Current rank of SSgt.
Flight Time: CH-46E, 710 hours (227 Combat Hours)
LoRs: HMM CO (Marine LtCol Aviator), Marine CWO2 (Former Crewchief), Army CW4 Aviator, DoD Senior Executive Service, Army LTC, USAF Col Aviator
Other: Extensive Leadership experience in combat aviation setting. Proficient in Aviation Combat Assualt support. 200+ NVG hours. Awarded Combat Aircrew Wings and Air Medal with Strike/Flight Numeral 4.

• Like 2

"Civilian" board. We will see what happens. @ GraphiteBlur, I have learned in my long military career. Absolutely nothing is a given until I get that phone call telling me I have been selected. Thanks for the praise though.

• Like 1

It's official, I am now unemployed! My job now is to prep for BCT, WOCS, etc...

PhrogGuy, good luck. Awesome stats. That's what you get from dedicated service. Thanks.

• Like 2

Go Wahoos!! Right? I grew up in VA. Definitely prefer Charlottesville to Blacksburg.

You know, I am a horrible alumnus. I only root for UVa against Tech becuase it annoys one of my buddies. Love UVa for the academics not necessarily for the sports.

It's official, I am now unemployed! My job now is to prep for BCT, WOCS, etc...

PhrogGuy, good luck. Awesome stats. That's what you get from dedicated service. Thanks.

Good luck to you. Keep your head down and your nose clean in bootcamp. Semper Fi.

Has anyone run into the issue of Battalion overruling USAREC and requiring the flight physical before the battalion board? I'm awaiting word on that for Seattle but recruiter says this may be the case.

If indeed I do need the flight physical before I can do the board, does this mean that the flight physical needs to come back approved by Rucker before I can do it, or just that I need to have done the flight physical itself? Huge difference.

Talk about stressful.

I don't know about overruling but I do know that I had to have an approved class 1W before I was batt boarded. I thought that was the requirement

Not according to AR 601-91. But thanks for the info. Apparently Battalion can overrule that regulation. I guess I'll just have to pray that mine is approved record-quick. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Hmmm.. I did my flight physical at Rucker but I still had over a month wait before the battalion board. I'm not sure if it was because my physical was waiting for approval (no waivers, no issues with the physical), but my recruiters made it clear that the battalion board had to be the last step in the process. Otherwise I may have made the Nov board. I guess the battalion would want the opportunity to question the applicants about any issues that could pop up in the flight phys before they would forward their recommendation. Have you tried contacting your recruiting battalion yourself to maybe speed along the process? I know special allowances have been made for motivated applicants in the past.

Hmmm.. I did my flight physical at Rucker but I still had over a month wait before the battalion board. I'm not sure if it was because my physical was waiting for approval (no waivers, no issues with the physical), but my recruiters made it clear that the battalion board had to be the last step in the process. Otherwise I may have made the Nov board. I guess the battalion would want the opportunity to question the applicants about any issues that could pop up in the flight phys before they would forward their recommendation. Have you tried contacting your recruiting battalion yourself to maybe speed along the process? I know special allowances have been made for motivated applicants in the past.

Thanks for the insight. I'm planning on giving them a call on Monday and asking if it's possible to sneak into the board after the packet turn-in cutoff date if my flight physical isn't approved by then. The cutoff is April 17th and the board itself is April 24th. Either way I'm going to need an extremely quick turnaround from Rucker.

Thanks for the insight. I'm planning on giving them a call on Monday and asking if it's possible to sneak into the board after the packet turn-in cutoff date if my flight physical isn't approved by then. The cutoff is April 17th and the board itself is April 24th. Either way I'm going to need an extremely quick turnaround from Rucker.

They require an approved Flight Phys as that considers you "Board Ready" and ready for the final step. Once your Batt board is over, typically, your packet goes from the Batt level to USAREC and is out of your recruiters hands (for the most part). I know my flight physical was required before they would schedule me for a battalion board at the Nashville Battalion

They require an approved Flight Phys as that considers you "Board Ready" and ready for the final step. Once your Batt board is over, typically, your packet goes from the Batt level to USAREC and is out of your recruiters hands (for the most part). I know my flight physical was required before they would schedule me for a battalion board at the Nashville Battalion

I have also heard of applicants being able to complete their Battalion Boards before their flight physical was done (indeed, this is what AR 601-91 instructs). But it is up to the local Battalion as to how they do it. It does, though, make sense what you're saying - if they want your flight physical done, they want it approved as well. I should get the final word on Monday if indeed that's what Seattle requires. Hopefully not.

Still waiting on a flight physical date. MEPS had messed something up on my paperwork and thus the request for a Class 1A never got sent up until yesterday (supposedly) after the error was rectified. My battalion board cutoff is 17 APR. Unreal. Pretty sure I've hit every hurdle possible for a non-prior service civilian to hit.

Still waiting on a flight physical date. MEPS had messed something up on my paperwork and thus the request for a Class 1A never got sent up until yesterday (supposedly) after the error was rectified. My battalion board cutoff is 17 APR. Unreal. Pretty sure I've hit every hurdle possible for a non-prior service civilian to hit.

I feel your pain. I am going through the same sort of frustrations. Just remember, it will all be worth it in the end.

• Like 1

I feel your pain. I am going through the same sort of frustrations. Just remember, it will all be worth it in the end.

No doubt. At least no one can say my will is untested after hitting all these obstacles.

• Like 2

Pray you aren't thrown the FQ-NS hurdle like the one I'm trying to clear. I don't think you'll get that one, but my dreams are haunted by 4 smiling people without bachelor degrees or flight experience that were selected over me. Needless to say my packet has a couple more LORs in it for this board. (No disrespect to those folks; but who you know often goes far)

• Like 1