Wait, so did you get selected or just get an age waiver making you eligible to apply?

I need to put another call in to see exactly. From what I was originally told, since I was already in front of the May board if they grant the waiver you go straight to MEPS and sign... Now I'm hearing that I go to the September USAREC board. Does anyone have better info on this?

In front of the May board?

Yes, my packet was already looked at and the only thing that kept me from being approved was that the age had passed while they had the packet. The SFC at the recruiting office was under the impression that since they would have approved it if I already had the waiver in there I just had to get the waiver granted and off I went. However, as we have all learned, nothing is as easy as it sounds. lol

Yes, my packet was already looked at and the only thing that kept me from being approved was that the age had passed while they had the packet.

Right, but you were not actually *selected*. The USAREC board is not a meet-the-requirements-and-automatically-get-picked-up event. Everyone that goes before the board has already checked the boxes, so to speak. The Officers then *select* a certain number of applicants that were the most competitive out of the group of qualified individuals. If you needed an age waiver then you weren't even eligible/qualified. Being granted an age waiver now doesn't mean you were selected and get to go off to MEPS. It means that you are eligible to apply. In September.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but don't want you to get the wrong impression.

Right, but you were not actually *selected*. The USAREC board is not a meet-the-requirements-and-automatically-get-picked-up event. Everyone that goes before the board has already checked the boxes, so to speak. The Officers then *select* a certain number of applicants that were the most competitive out of the group of qualified individuals. If you needed an age waiver then you weren't even eligible/qualified. Being granted an age waiver now doesn't mean you were selected and get to go off to MEPS. It means that you are eligible to apply. In September.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but don't want you to get the wrong impression.

No bubble bursted here. :)

I'll wait to see what the September board says. What's a couple more weeks after waiting a few months for the waiver? Lol. Good luck to everyone else in September. Hopefully we all meet at the next reception.

No bubble bursted here. :)

I'll wait to see what the September board says. What's a couple more weeks after waiting a few months for the waiver? Lol. Good luck to everyone else in September. Hopefully we all meet at the next reception.

I have the same picture as your av from my time at ATP.