Do we know the exact date of the May board? My recruiter tells me it's 11May, but that's a Saturday.

Also I know I've seen this information elsewhere but for some reason cannot find it tonight. How long after the date you're selected do you have to go to MEPS and sign your contract?

Do we know the exact date of the May board? My recruiter tells me it's 11May, but that's a Saturday.

Also I know I've seen this information elsewhere but for some reason cannot find it tonight. How long after the date you're selected do you have to go to MEPS and sign your contract?

13 May, and usually 10 days after selection.

Thank you, Lindsey. I do hope your packet comes together for July. I think everyone's rooting for you with how rough your luck has seemed to be.

Thanks, raptor!

Probably not gonna make this one. Found out today that Part 1 of my Flight Physical is scheduled for Tues 30 Apr. And . . . the Battalion board was today with one day notice. Doesn't look like I am coming in under the wire for this board.

Can anyone explain how the contract signing goes? Do you just pick the available dates and give them your John Hancock 20x?

Basically, you'll sit down with a career counselor, and they'll go over everything (like no signing bonus, no SLRP, whether or not you accept the GI Bill, etc) and then they'll call the ROC to get you a date for basic. You don't really have a choice in dates, but you date will probably be anywhere from 2-6 months out. Mine was 6 months. A couple guys that signed a few days before me (also for WOFT) it was 2 months. It really depends on the availability of WOCS classes, and they only start every couple of months from what I hear.

After you get a date, you'll sign your actual contract that has your ship date on it, and they'll go over basic info like what will happen when you come back to ship and what you need to bring. They'll tell you to keep in shape, don't get hurt, don't get ANY tattoos, etc. You'll leave with a bunch of paperwork and that will be it. Then you just wait around to swear in and you're good to go.

Edited by 01CelicaGTS
  • Like 1

Hell at this rate, I almost wish I would have made the May board, cause it appears that I would have been the only applicant. :-). Kidding of course. Now we can all anticipate together.

@Phrog - way to keep your head up.

At least I don't have to go to boot camp again. :D Semper Gumby!!!!

At least I don't have to go to boot camp again. :D Semper Gumby!!!!

True. Although after being once, going through a 6 month police academy, and everything in between (including raising a 5 yr old boy) I am literally not worried. I can handle any mind games they have, and I've learned to appreciate the lack of major responsibilities that comes with training.

Although I'm sure the "prior service/ 30 yr old" jokes will be bountiful.

• Like 1

True. Although after being once, going through a 6 month police academy, and everything in between (including raising a 5 yr old boy) I am literally not worried. I can handle any mind games they have, and I've learned to appreciate the lack of major responsibilities that comes with training.

Although I'm sure the "prior service/ 30 yr old" jokes will be bountiful.

Concur! And I am actually looking forward to how original they will be with said jokes.

I have to go to BCT but I'm looking forward to it. I'm a 30 y/o PS Marine going through as a Sgt, I'm anxious to see the difference between the two. I'm also hoping it will get me in better shape for OCS as I've seem to have plateaued working out on my own.

I have to go to BCT but I'm looking forward to it. I'm a 30 y/o PS Marine going through as a Sgt, I'm anxious to see the difference between the two. I'm also hoping it will get me in better shape for OCS as I've seem to have plateaued working out on my own.

How is it that you have to go through boot again?

Same here, prior servicr 30 y/o going to BCT in a month. I can see this time being more of a mentor to the kids instead of the wide-eyed 17 y/o like the first time. I am looking forward to it.

I don't blame you my recruiters didn't even think I would have to go even after I showed them the order. It's wasn't until I signed my contract that they finally believed me.

Well at least you weren't surprised by it.