May 2013 WOFT Board - ACTIVE DUTY ONLY

Similar to the other May 2013 WOFT board, but only active duty applicants.

ASVAB: 117 GT

SIFT: 70

APFT: 300

College: M.A. in Diplomacy, 3.7 GPA; B.A. in International Relations, 3.5 GPA. Graduated with honors, nominated to both national and international scholastic honor societies for international relations.

LOR: CW5 from 160th SOAR(A); My Marine Corps Battalion Commander (Lt Col); My Marine Corps Company Commander (Captain).

Flight Experience: FAA Commercial License w/ Instrument Rating, 800 hours ASEL (125 hours which are volunteer rescue flight hours).

Military Experience: 8 years active duty U.S. Marine Corps, MOS 0211, multiple OIF and OEF combat deployments.

Does anyone have an approximate idea of how many active duty applicants applied to the March board and will now be automatically placed on the May board?

Additionally, is anyone aware of how many slots are available to active duty candidates during the May board?

Normally they select around 75 AD and 15 Civilian for a total of 540 slots a year they fill.

According to this they are going to lose 500 slots over the next 10 years. So at 50 slots a year that brings the total down to around 81 slots divided between AD and civilian per selection board.

http://defensetech.o...licopter-fleet/

ASVAB: 118 GT

AFAST: 121 (Carry over from Jan board.)

APFT: 278

College: None

LOR: CW5 Brigade Master Gunner, Company Commander, Battalion Commander, Brigade Commander

Flight Experience: None

Military Experience: 10 years AD, 3 deployments to Iraq, finishing up tour in Korea, WLC, ALC Graduate CL for both.

Hoping for the best, not liking the fact that the postponed the March board (got rid of school slots)

Long time lurker, first time poster. A big thanks to akscott60 for turning me onto this forum. Good luck to everyone on their upcoming WOFT boards.

ASVAB: 115 GT

SIFT: 65

APFT: 285

College: B.S in Criminal Justice, 3.4 GPA, FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic

LOR: CW4(SP/Flight Lead), LTC(BN CDR), CPT(CO CDR)

Flight Experience: 1800 hours Non-rated time H-60

Military Experience: 11 years active duty Army, MOS 15T, mutiple OIF and OEF rotations

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Long time lurker finally took my time to create an account.

First off, there are some really talented people here, your qualifications

are way good and frankly they put mine to shame.lol.

For me the battalion board interview went real well despite my recruiter's

lack of knowledge about gettin my woft packet ready. I'm still worried as his views differ than me and the usarec website on :

-LOR from CW officer..I dnt have any lor from a military member let alone CW..but he says it's fine n I shudnt b worried bout it

- also my flight physical can't b done until the usarec board approves me in may, accordin to him

What do you guys think?

Long time lurker finally took my time to create an account.

First off, there are some really talented people here, your qualifications

are way good and frankly they put mine to shame.lol.

For me the battalion board interview went real well despite my recruiter's

lack of knowledge about gettin my woft packet ready. I'm still worried as his views differ than me and the usarec website on :

-LOR from CW officer..I dnt have any lor from a military member let alone CW..but he says it's fine n I shudnt b worried bout it

- also my flight physical can't b done until the usarec board approves me in may, accordin to him

What do you guys think?

Are you active duty or civilian?

Lindsey and I were having a conversation about the FLT physical process last week. The regulation states "The Rctg Bn will schedule the applicant for a Class 1 Flight Physical after favorable recommendation from the Rctg Bn examining board for the WOFT Program."

That said, I had mine before the Batt board.

Lindsey and I were having a conversation about the FLT physical process last week. The regulation states "The Rctg Bn will schedule the applicant for a Class 1 Flight Physical after favorable recommendation from the Rctg Bn examining board for the WOFT Program."

That said, I had mine before the Batt board.

What do you guys think?

I think you should work on your ability to convey your written thoughts in a more professional manner. How can you expect to be taken seriously as a candidate for a military officer program if you cannot even form a decent sentence?

Also, this is the active duty thread, there is another one for the civilians board.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Congrats for those that were selected!! I didn't know that the MILPER was already published... I was also selected on this MAY Active Duty Board...very excited! now a decision I have to make... I was also selected for the Order of Merit List from a National Guard Board. I am currently in the Army Reserve. So now I have the option of transferring to the Guard and go to flight school or go to flight school as active duty... I currently have a GS job as a DA Civilian.

Is something that I need to consult of course with the family... but any advice from current National Guard and active duty aviators (specifically Warrant Officers) ?

thanks.

Grasshopper

If you can keep your GS job and get a flight slot with the guard that wouldn't be a bad deal, that's exactly what I do now but I work just a few miles from my unit so it makes going in to fly pretty easy.

WIth active duty you are pretty much set for the rest of your career as long as you stay competitive for promotion and get picked up for 3/4 on time.

Being a GS Tech with a guard unit, I would still recommend going active duty. It's more money and it's a lot easier only worrying about being a pilot and doing your extra duties.