I'll answer your WOCS questions

That soudns awesome! I'll take you up on that. Im going to be down there from the 3rd of May to the report date for WOCS 26th of May to find some housing off-post. Any suggestions?

I lived in Enterprise off post, at Wakefield townhomes. I went through realty executives. They were pretty shady, but from what I heard most other rental companies were too. We ended up losing 2/3's of our deposit for some really dumb stuff, but I enjoyed living in the townhomes. There was a community pool and lots of guys from class lived there.

Are you going to have wife/kids down there?

On-Post housing really isn't that bad right now. We're in Bowden Terrace and they are still building new single family homes here. Me and my wife are occupying a 3-BR house. If you don't end up in the new houses, Allen Heights was fairly recently renovated. I don't hear much complaints from those living on-post. Besides, it is really practical when you have long breaks between classes or if you forget something at home.

Just a thought. But if you're heart's set on off-post housing, there are quite a few options outside the Enterprise gate.

• Like 1

On my street in Allen Heights we had a family who let their poor daughters run wild. The 6 year old was walking down the middle of the street with a knife one day. The MPs could care less. For some reason the majority of parents on that block didn't feel young children need supervision. At least most of them locked up the guns and knives..

There was also a party every night street wide. It was like living next to a bar. We moved to Dothan. I like my neighbors to not be scum...Your experience really comes down to where they stick you.

Edit: Plenty of people I knew lived in nice parts of Allen Heights. I just happened to get stuck in Picerne's inner city. Bowden Terrace is what I would shoot for if you want to be on post. I'd rather the sh*t drive be my problem and that my kids have access to nice parks/schools off post.

That being said, can I crash at someone's place at lunch during flight school? Lol.

• Like 1

Yeah I had a buddy that lived on post so we always went to his house in allen heights for lunch every day. Living outside the enterprise gate off freedom drive really doesn't take a whole lot longer than living on post, but its an extra 5 minutes or so each way.

Personally if it came down to allen heights or off post, I would go off post. Don't forget living on post you are always under the watchful eye of everyone around you, when I get off work I like to get away from the Army when I can. That includes being able to run without a PT belt on the weekends lol.

Bowden terrace was very nice though, I had another buddy who lived there with his family and their house was brand new and really nice. They were still moving people into allen heights when I was looking at Picerne, Bowden wasn't an option for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone I am new to this sight but have found it very helpful now that I am 2 weeks away from going to basic then WOCS right after that. Is there anything I should study before going to WOCS or will it be more of a learn as you go situation? Also what are the tests like at WOCS I read somewhere if you fail two test you will be recycled to the next class are the tests very difficult?

Hey everyone I am new to this sight but have found it very helpful now that I am 2 weeks away from going to basic then WOCS right after that. Is there anything I should study before going to WOCS or will it be more of a learn as you go situation? Also what are the tests like at WOCS I read somewhere if you fail two test you will be recycled to the next class are the tests very difficult?

The recruiter should know what you need to study up on for BCT. As for WOCS, Search for the WOCSOP or WOCS SOP. Read through it a few times and know the procedures. Everything else, they'll teach you in the course. WOCS keeps changing so the specifics of the course would be different from when I went through in '11.

The academics in WOCS could be difficult but since you're going to have mandatory study time, make sure you make the best use of it. You don't want to be a candidate longer than you have to be.

This packing list drives me insane lol. I went by the MCSS the all white socks look like HELL. I went by service center and their was a bunch of WOC's who were about to graduate? they said their TACs didnt care if the toes were grey.

ALSO. Just bought my first pack of "brief" style underwear.. lol

BUT! I think I have everything!

Gotcha. Okay I have to go back there for the double sided tape. They were out last week. I dropped off my ASU jacket at alterations.. It had a hole under my E5 rank so I had to buy a new jacket.. $$$

I thought the ASU coats were different that wo grades? I figured I was going to have to buy one anyway, are they alterable?

yes they can convert enlisted jackets to officer jackets as long as your enlisted rank was not sewn too tightly into your jacket causing it to tear. I suggest taking you enlisted rank off yourself before taking to alterations!

I thought the ASU coats were different that wo grades? I figured I was going to have to buy one anyway, are they alterable?

• Like 1

Alright everyone I just recently graduated from WOCS and will try to answer any questions you may have about everything up to this point (Packet, arrival, Rucker, WOCS, etc). I did the 5 week course seeing how I am a former NCO but I know a bit about the 7 week course too.

The old saying that the course is always changing is very true. The place is controlled chaos to the point that what we were allowed to do in my class the candidates across the street weren't allowed to do and vice versa. So many of the answers to your questions will be along the lines of "it depends on your class" but I will try to give the best answer that I can.

Fire away.

Hey nightmare, congrats! I head out in late August for WOCS... I hear that the APFT is on day 3 still at HHC, is this correct? Weigh in immediately following or day after?

Buddy of mine told me last year that they run your around in IBA... does this still happen?

Thanks!