I'll answer your WOCS questions

I had a quick question hopefully someone can answer it for me. I leave for BCT in a few more days and then have about a week after BCT before I have to report in to WOCS, so my question is if my family comes to my BCT graduation can I drive with them to Rucker or do I have to go on the bus and would I be able to spend that week between the two schools with them or is there other stuff I'll bebusy doing the whole time?

Can you give me an insight on what to expect from WOFT Training? My son was just accepted into the WOC program. What exactly is expected from the progression of basic training on.

Go to youtube and search for WOFT. There is a new video there that does a good job explaining the progression. Watch it and then ask any specific questions you have.

• Like 1

1-Upper. :)

DUH, that's how pilots roll.

I was just adding to your comment saying that 700-1100 can be expected. I was not happy to have spent 1100 dollars.

If I did it again I wouldn't have bought the "baller" marlow white uniforms, I would have bought the lowest ones because it wasn't worth the extra $300 bucks.

Can you give me an insight on what to expect from WOFT Training? My son was just accepted into the WOC program. What exactly is expected from the progression of basic training on.

This question is answered all through out this forum. I suggest reading through the forums many of your questions will be answered and if you still have more specific questions left unanswered then you can try asking those. Congratulations on your sons acceptance!

I had a quick question hopefully someone can answer it for me. I leave for BCT in a few more days and then have about a week after BCT before I have to report in to WOCS, so my question is if my family comes to my BCT graduation can I drive with them to Rucker or do I have to go on the bus and would I be able to spend that week between the two schools with them or is there other stuff I'll bebusy doing the whole time?

This is different for everyone BCT. When I went through families were authorized to transport Soldiers to there follow on training, however I've heard certain BCT Company commanders would not authorize it. Just wait until you get into the last few weeks of BCT and then ask your DS. I wouldn't ask that question in the first few weeks it may make you a target.

I assume your time between classes is just like how I have to report 10 days early to in-process post and apparently we can go home at the end of the day, and there is alot of down time. so I'm not sure if you will be able to do a whole lot of stuff but I would assume there will be time to see them.

This is different for everyone BCT. When I went through families were authorized to transport Soldiers to there follow on training, however I've heard certain BCT Company commanders would not authorize it. Just wait until you get into the last few weeks of BCT and then ask your DS. I wouldn't ask that question in the first few weeks it may make you a target.

I assume your time between classes is just like how I have to report 10 days early to in-process post and apparently we can go home at the end of the day, and there is alot of down time. so I'm not sure if you will be able to do a whole lot of stuff but I would assume there will be time to see them.

Thanks thats kind of what I figured I'll just have to wait and see

Gentlemen, thank you for all the information posted here. It is invaluable.

To my knowledge, the May board list is out already. Do we know what WOCS and WOFT class the May candidates are sloted for?

I'm good to go for the July Board, and would like to know a ball park time frame. If available.

Thank you in advance.

If you are wondering when your date will be it depends on your packet. The packets are ranked on an OML with a sequence number much like the Army's centralized promotion system. The lower the number the sooner the class and the higher the number the further out the class.

I have a question. My WOCS report date is 11/26. I'm wondering how WOCS and Christmas work? Is there a break in WOCS or do you go straight through Christmas?

A guy I know got one or two weeks off for christmas/new year.

• 5 months later...

The WOCS class I'm headed to will have this situation. At the expense of our own leave? What if we don't have enough days saved up- leave debt?

You can request a pass then take leave for the other days. If not you will be in leave debt but it just depends how much you want freedom. At least that is how it was explained for us in BOLC