for those going to bct soon

that's right, you read it correctly. I'm back. finally. I'm newly pressed and folded properly after the Fort Jackson ringer. just wanted to post and see if there is anyone that is going to fort Jackson soon and had some worrywart questions about what they are in for.

time to start AIT now but i'll be on and off here every once in a while. we are allowed laptops and phones so ill be able to check the website and forums again either way!!! woooooooooo

good to be back. I missed you guys and girl (Lindsey)

• Like 4

Laptops and phones?! What the crap? You're supposed to suffer, private!

Just kidding. Good luck and come out of it with distinguished grad or whatever the top spot is called. AIT is at Eustis for you right? Stay away from the numbered streets. There's nothing but trouble past the Patrick Henry Mall.

rgr that!!! lol yes Eustis. funny you mentioned the Patrick henry mall. the wife and I just went there to cheddar's for dinner last night. my last weekend with them until I start Monday. The buildings at Eustis are old as hell too!! I was shocked. although i'm coming from a brand new "starship" barracks at ft Jackson these buildings still seem out dated to me. kind of made me sad a little. oh well.... 16 weeks here I go...

Yamer,

Welcome back. Just curious as to your overall impression of basic. What's pt like? I'm getting pretty close to finishing packet just waiting on eye waiver. So hopefully basic isn't to far off. Anyway, guess I'm just curious of how your overall experience was and of course any pointers you might have. Again, welcome back and congrats on being one step closer to your goal.

PtFor Me Was Easy And Im A Low 200's Pt Score. Get Your Core Muscles Point AnD You ShOuld Be Super Good. Lets Put It This Way, In The First Two Weeks I SaidtTo MYself Maybe I Should Have Been A Marine Cause This Is Too Easy. Seriously, All Of Basic Felt Like Boy Scouts For Adults. Its Not Hard Being A Private. Do As Your Told, Nothing More Nothing Less.

Sry Fir Caps My Phone Is Jacked Up Right now

Hey Yamer congrats. What are doing now? Waiting to start WOCS? Did you buy your wocs stuff before you left for bct or are you doing it now? Thnx

I enlisted, as required for the national guard route to WOFT. i'm at 15R school currently

sorry should have read more before I posted. yes I enlisted and am doing the NG route for family reasons instead of active duty. once I get back home my packet will be completed and submitted as per my company commander's instructions that were given to me prior to shipping to basic. apparently he knows how short AZ is on pilots I guess. or I might just be that awesome.

• Like 1

Not sure if you have gotten to Eustis or not yet but I had a lot of fun there back in '06 when I was there. I was in D co. as a sheetmetal guy when I first joined. Spent lots of time at the Mulberry in on the weekends with the Prior service guys, went to the beach a lot, newport news, norfolk. There is a lot to do there once you get "gold status" or whatever they call it and you can go out overnight on the weekends.

Just make sure you don't say anything about drinking until after you graduate, a lot of guys were Article'd for that while I was there because they were stupid about it.

yeah. no more overnite passes for anyone thanks to some blue falcons around here fighting at a bar. in 3 weeks i get to phase up to 5 and get off post day pass privledges. hooray. more money spent on a taxi ride lol

Yeah paying for that taxi was expensive, get as many people as you can to go in with you to save money. That sucks you guys dont get off post passes anymore, that was the best part of Ft. Eustis for me.

I turned 21 down there the week before our first off post weekend so It was a really good time. My birthday sucked though, they ran us like 5 miles and then we went in and had to take a practical test all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell me about running shoes. I use, almost exclusively, Brooks Trance. They seem to allow me to run with the most comfort and least amount of foot, shin, knee and back pain. I just bought a new pair to break in before I go. The packing list says this is possible. What was your experience with people bringing their own running shoes?

Yeah, the glycerines are nice shoes. They are basically the same shoe as the trance except they are a neutral design. I need stability shoes for my pronation, which the trance is.

I used to run in those big chunky soled running shoes (asics) but I switched over to the more minimal running shoes New balance 1400 and have been way happier. I used to have all sorts of shin splint/knee issues but i think its because the shoes kept my muscles and ankles from getting stronger. Now I run in shoes with almost no heel to toe drop and I am much happier and comfortable.

• Like 2