for those going to bct soon

tackling advice is spot on...

army qualification max's out at 300yrds. variable range from 25 to 300 pop up shoot down 3d silhouette targets. 40 targets to shoot, 40 points to get. 36 37 38 39 40 are expert. i got a company high score of 38. next guy below me got a 32.

Nice job. I think it's 36 for expert with ironsights and m68, 38 if using acog. 300 meters is the max.

hmmm cant imagone ever tryimg to qual with an m68 on, or an acog... lol

welcome to the army!

Yeah well, we qual with ACOGs. And current guidance is that there is no score differential between shooting iron sights and with an ACOG. Expert with one is expert with the other. I have my issues with this. Our new shooters (Recruits) aren't learning on iron sights. And, losing some of the fundamentals of shooting in the process. I think you gain confidence being able to engage a point target at 500 yards with iron sights. Shooting with an ACOG is cake after that.

Make sure you really want it. Show up in shape, motivated, and not willing to fail. Is a young (early 20s) street to seater getting processed out right now. Failed the WOCS entrance PT test, passed the next two. Missed, due to sick call, the next two PT tests to start BOLC, then failed the next two. Is done. Young, thin, in shape looking kid, just doesn't want it enough.

I'm very motivated, I don't believe that will be an issue for me. I think I realized I wanted it more than others on my third trip to MEPS to take the SIFT on my own dime. Keep in mind I live more than 90 miles away from my local MEPS station. 1st attempt the active recruiter did not project my test with MEPS so my 4am drive was for nothing. 2nd attempt I took the AFAST and passed but I told the Test Proctor that the Army switched to the SIFT test and she said they had no information regarding the SIFT. Needless to say the test was invalid with Rucker. But I've passed the SIFT and just going through the motions to get to where I want to be.

Its 2 minutes of pushups, 2 minutes of situps, and a 2 mile run. You can google Army Physical Fitness Test or APFT and you will find a link or several that show the current min/max for each event. APFT is APFT, no difference for WOCS or any other army event. Twice a year event every year once you are in.