Important WOCS question!

Electron, I start 26 May. I just have to digitally send my DA 61 to my company commander for signature since I didn't read that it can't be 30 days old. But no biggie I'm gunna get that hammered out this week then Ill be good to go!

Ok cool I'll be on TDY Traveling down to Rucker and arriving 27 May. Hit me up on PM and I'll give you my cell phone number so you can contact me after WOCS and I can give you the rundown on stuff.

Edit: are you 4 week or 6 week course?

Electron, I start 26 May. I just have to digitally send my DA 61 to my company commander for signature since I didn't read that it can't be 30 days old. But no biggie I'm gunna get that hammered out this week then Ill be good to go!

Just curious about the DA 61... when you say it can't be 30 days old, how can that be? It is required for the original application packet prior to the board... do you have to redo it within 30 days of WOCS? Headin there in late August!

I remember the hot topic when I was going through was the extra pair of dress pants. We had a WOCC forum that our class had a special thread for and mulitple people posted in their about the extra pair of pants.

One of our new TAC officers posted don't bother attending the course if you can't bring what's on the packing list.

Long story short, if it says 2 pairs of pants they wanted to see 2 pairs of pants.

Here is some words of wisdom on the ASU's. Drop them off to be altered either on or off post. They will keep them until graduation. All you have to do is hang the receipt on a hanger. That way your dress uniform (and the all weather coat) wont get tossed when they toss room. Everyone in my class did that and we got our uniforms back after our senior tac inspection after the field.

Will my family be able to join me at Fort Rucker in between BCT and WOCS or will they have to wait until after WOCS to join me for WOFT.

Thanks Aaron

Your family can move down but the Army will not pay for it. On top of that, your family wont be able to see you except for at church on sunday's. If you are coming straight from basic to WOCS i would jsut wait to move your family until after WOCS so you will get the Army to pay for the move.

Your family can move down but the Army will not pay for it. On top of that, your family wont be able to see you except for at church on sunday's. If you are coming straight from basic to WOCS i would jsut wait to move your family until after WOCS so you will get the Army to pay for the move.

Thanks av8rnik, I was just wondering because my lease is up at my current apartment, the same time as I graduate from BCT in August.

Just curious about the DA 61... when you say it can't be 30 days old, how can that be? It is required for the original application packet prior to the board... do you have to redo it within 30 days of WOCS? Headin there in late August!

I kept my copy from the packet, also re did one with just a current PT test and date.. We shall see what happens lol

Here is some words of wisdom on the ASU's. Drop them off to be altered either on or off post. They will keep them until graduation. All you have to do is hang the receipt on a hanger. That way your dress uniform (and the all weather coat) wont get tossed when they toss room. Everyone in my class did that and we got our uniforms back after our senior tac inspection after the field.

I just heard about this a week ago!! Yes that is great advice I wish I would have only heard of it sooner. Our class is worried about religious service though so they are suggesting we keep pants and SS shirt. Any thoughts?