July 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

DC its starting to feel real!

Yeah, just think, this time next week we will be standing in a really long line in reception battalion. WooHoo. Seriously though, I am very much excited and ready to get started.

United, sorry, not much chance of that happening.

• Like 2

Yeah, just think, this time next week we will be standing in a really long line in reception battalion. WooHoo. Seriously though, I am very much excited and ready to get started.

United, sorry, not much chance of that happening.

Your first couple days in uniform will be a fun experience that you'll never forget. Try not to get too frustrated by the stupidity of BCT. Good luck!

• Like 1

Good evening, let me introduce myself: I'm another tentative candidate for the July board.

The remainder of my/our life will be decided in one day, by a few men I/we never met, in a place I/(some of us) never been. I call that the ultimate leap of faith. Hope Kharma won't find out about this or I'm screwed.

Has anybody started the bets yet? Officially?

• Like 1

Good evening, let me introduce myself: I'm another tentative candidate for the July board.

The remainder of my/our life will be decided in one day, by a few men I/we never met, in a place I/(some of us) never been. I call that the ultimate leap of faith. Hope Kharma won't find out about this or I'm screwed.

Has anybody started the bets yet? Officially?

Welcome, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

That is an interesting perspective. The only control you have is your packet. Make sure it is the best you can muster and show the board they have reason to select you over other well qualified applicants.

Oh, and let me say, expect to do no better than second place if you are on the July board. Lindsey is the number one seed. ;-)

• Like 1

Oh, and let me say, expect to do no better than second place if you are on the July board. Lindsey is the number one seed. ;-)

Now now, I wouldn't go that far. :lol: I think you're getting a little loopy with BCT coming in a few days for ya! ;)

• Like 1

Yeah Lindsey deserves to be selected in pure principle. PhrogGuy isn't too far behind. The only bright side to me waiting for the Sept board is that I won't have to compete against him.

(Tear) :rolleyes:

It'd be nice if there was a holdover bubble after you guys complete BCT, so that we could go to WOCS and WOFT together.

That and we better start getting some cool kids on this forum who are boarding with me in Sept, cause I'm feeling like the last kid picked at recess at the moment.