July 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Oh well. Still plenty of time to bond over beers in the long span of training. Maybe you will catch the May board selectees. Speaking of which, you should join that FB group too.

Hmm. Good Call.

So far I'm number 3 under Linsday and PhroGuy... I'm still in the awesome group.

Ok here is the deal: I still have to go through BCT so even if you go to the September board, we will probably end up in the same class with everybody on this forum. I know this things, trust me, it's inevitable.

Besides, I don't want to boost everybodys confidence, which is super high as it is, BUT... I passed the Batalion Board this month, and... I was the only one for WOFT. That leads me to believe we are quite unique, a rare breed, and all of us will make it through our sheer WILLPOWER.

• Like 2

So far I'm number 3 under Linsday and PhroGuy... I'm still in the awesome group.

Ok here is the deal: I still have to go through BCT so even if you go to the September board, we will probably end up in the same class with everybody on this forum. I know this things, trust me, it's inevitable.

Besides, I don't want to boost everybodys confidence, which is super high as it is, BUT... I passed the Batalion Board this month, and... I was the only one for WOFT. That leads me to believe we are quite unique, a rare breed, and all of us will make it through our sheer WILLPOWER.

I like the motivation, optimism and overall good spirit you bring to the forum. I hereby dub you #3. And you can officially stay and be part of the "cool kids" group.

• Like 1

Thank you Father for your blessing. Thou will be proud of me as I shalt not disappoint ye.

here it is:

Official Ranking Perpetual List

1. I3uller

2. Lindsey

3. PhrogGuy

4. Robo

5. Open Slot

6. Open Slot

The past few months I have asked around and researched the web to get a "feeling" of the current woft situation. And I would like the more experienced members of this forum and those who already went to wocs and woft to give their opinion.

It seems that the army is putting out some extra effort to recruit for woft. The number of applicants has gone down, mostly due to the rigorous entry standards and the fact that the AFAST was changed to SIFT. I have encountered numerous posts on forums where guys were talking about waiting until there will be a training aid for SIFT, or there will be more information on it. I predict the next couple of boards will be light on the number of applicants, then Peterson or Barons will add a study aid for SIFT in their OCS preparation manual, therefore more candidates will show up. I urge everybody to speed up their process now and pressure their recruiters. The window is shrinking.

Post your stats, robo!

I apologize, didn't mean any disrespect.

ASVAB: 97 AFQT, 131 GT

SIFT: 63

APFT: 300/323 extended scale :)

College: Bachelors in Science, 3.21 GPA

Battalion Board: 74/75

Military Experience: none

Flight Time: 0

LoRs: Managers, nobody important.

Other: extensive management and training experience, executive protection instructor and business owner, and overall good guy.

Robo, if I may, I would suggest running down a couple "important" bodies for an LoR. Important in the eyes of the board are CW4/5 aviators. Great job on the PT! It is worth the time and effort in tracking down a senior WO for an interview and subsequent letter.

• Like 1

many thanks for the suggestion DC8488 I'm trying everything, and always hitting a wall. I live in Palm Beach, zero military community. I got so desperate that I saw a motorcycle with a special forces sticker parked at the beach, so I stalked it to get the guy but after about an hour I gave up laughing at my self inflicted ridiculousness lol

My next idea was going to the assisted living communities and try to find veterans but the prospect of being arrested was a strong deterrent.

Didn't have much luck online either.

Does anybody wanna be my friend ? :)

• Like 1

Wow, determination! I wouldn't give up on it. Use your network, visit local EMS units, lots of prior military there who might get you connected. Just jump into your local helo shops and start asking if anyone knows a senior active WO. Might be surprised what you find.

Will do thank you. I'm betting on Memorial Day, you will find me on the streets looking for silver wings.

Also we welcome Rob1341 to the July board list

Official Ranking Perpetual List

1. I3uller

2. Lindsey

3. PhrogGuy

4. Robo

5. Rob1341

6. Open Slot

7. Open Slot

And the source of the aggression has revealed itself to me. How could I be so insulting? I am so sorry, I stand rebuked.

Hahaha, you'll find I can be kind of an a**hole. I was only kidding around. Stats look good! Concur with DC#### about finding a CW4/CW5. Awesome PT score, Jesus.

Hahaha, you'll find I can be kind of an a**hole.

I guess that depends on your opinion of an "A**hole", but I never got that vibe. Of course I will naturally be a bit sour towards anyone who gets selected before me (even if you HAVE been applying for 6 years). I'll also send you a congratulatory Yuengling.

• Like 1

I also have a Beer List, where I keep track of whom helps me and how many beers I owe them. To this point I have no debt. My beer credit is stellar. It's 2 am here working on my LOR project... *Hint

Love me some Yuengling!

I thought yeungling was an east of the mississippi thing. Well, i have never been able to find it out west. It is delicious. That or a vodka and oj are drinks of choice.