July 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

if that is the case then it is on my recruiter at this point

It's only on your recruiter if you choose to leave it to your recruiter. If you miss your board he'll just say "Sorry, we'll get you ready for September" and continue on with his life. Your life will be put on hold for 2 more months. I'd also recommend working out hard for the next month and taking another PT test before the board cutoff.

• Like 1

Agreed. Look around your area for college ROTC programs, they do and can administer the test for you if they're nice. It's one thing you can completely avoid going through your recruiter for, I did it and it made things happen much smoother. Also agreed on PT, that score isn't going to do you any favors on the USAREC board.

Sorry folks--the number 1 and 2 slots are still occupied. Just finished up a flight with l3uller and he didn't kill us! Had some good doors-off low level fun.

Lindsey can teach you to fly over the Internet! Well, tips on hovering at least haha thanks again!

• Like 1

Lindsey can teach you to fly over the Internet! Well, tips on hovering at least haha thanks again!

My pleasure!! You can return the favor when I get there hahaha.

It's only on your recruiter if you choose to leave it to your recruiter. If you miss your board he'll just say "Sorry, we'll get you ready for September" and continue on with his life. Your life will be put on hold for 2 more months. I'd also recommend working out hard for the next month and taking another PT test before the board cutoff.

I'm going to get on it first thing Monday morning, I live within an hour of a MEPS station so taking the SIFT shouldn't be a huge issue. I appreciate all the advice and feedback, I really want to take another PT test before the board. Honestly it has been my biggest struggle during this process, I'm getting better...slowly, but I am improving. Again, thanks fellas.

Finding out flight physical hasn't been submitted a week after turning in paperwork, $100

Getting a call from originating facility asking if I had turned in said paperwork 4 days later, priceless.

Somehow that does not surprise me... It must be an SOP buried somewhere in the army pencil pusher training manual, because I see the same pattern in all packets. It can't be the same person... Or is it?

Great information on the forums guys! I have been stalking these forums for months now. I was on the May board and unfortunately did not get accepted. My packet is now ready to go for the July board so I'm crossing my fingers! Do you guys know if many applicants get picked up second round?

ASVAB: 82 AFQT, 121 GT
SIFT: 58
APFT: 290/300
College: 23 credit hours

Military Experience: None
Flight Time: Fixed wing CFII with 630 hours total time
LoRs: CW5 Apache pilot, CFII, CEO of the company I work for, Human Resources, Navy Lieutenant Commander Aviator, Marine First Lieutenant
Other: Gained leadership skills working as a supervisor for the same company the past seven years, multiple business owner

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

ASVAB: 82 AFQT, 121 GT

SIFT: 58

APFT: 290/300

College: 23 credit hours

Military Experience: None

Flight Time: Fixed wing CFII with 630 hours total time

LoRs: CW5 Apache pilot, CFII, CEO of the company I work for, Human Resources, Navy Lieutenant Commander Aviator, Marine First Lieutenant

Other: Gained leadership skills working as a supervisor for the same company the past seven years, multiple business owner

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Is it the best packet you could put together? If the answer is yes then don't worry about it. You can't control what everyone else's packet looks like, how many slots the are, etc. If those LOR's are strong and personal, that will help. Good luck!

So, Flight Physical is at Rucker. Given the tone of the tech at Ft. Eustis, it has been there since last week. Shifting fire. I may make this board yet!

• Like 1

are you at eustis phrog?

No, I am actually stationed with a Marine CH-46E unit out of Norfolk. Ft. Eustis was the closest Army facility I could get my physical done at. Had I known I could do this earlier, I would have just gone through Branch Medical in Norfolk.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I have been putting together my packet the last few months and just by chance came across this forum. Really good stuff on here. Ive worked with army aviation for the last 4 years as a contractor so I am pretty familiar with most things. Im curious where I rank on your list?

Still waiting for the Battalion Board and not sure if I will be able to make it in time for the July board. I am pretty knowledgable of the process and everything has gone smoothly thus far. One thing i can not figure out is how the civilian boards work? On the USAREC site they provide packet dealines and board dates. Are we to ignore the packet deadline and just use the board dates they proivde? Assume 10 days before is the cutoff?

Here are my stats, any advice is much appreciated. I think everything is competitive except for the PT obviously.

ASVAB: 99 AFQT, 138 GT
SIFT: 80
APFT: 210/300
College: B.S. Aerospace Engineering 3.45 GPA, MSE Systems Engineering 3.97 GPA

Military Experience: None. Embedded with army aviation unit in Afghanistan for one year as a field service rep.
Flight Time: 5 hours, just to see if I would like it

LoRs: CW5 Apache Pilot, CW5 58 Pilot, CW4 Apache Pilot (all MTP's). Retired CW3 Apache pilot. Retired CW3 151A. Coworker who is a formal Navy enlisted and was a 1st Lt in the guard.
Board Interview: TBD

My APFT score is an estimate based on testing ive done myself. I know its absoultely horrible. My question is how much weighting do they give to it? Anyone know? I was wondering if its standardized. Say 10% based on SIFT score, 20% on education, etc etc. Curious if its better to hold off on the July board all together and bust ass to get in shape for the September board? Unfortunately work has not allowed me much free time to hit the gym.

30MikeMike everything in your packet looks great except your apft score but you know that. I don't think there is a standardized scoring scale like each section is worth a certain amount they look at it as a whole. That being said your test scores are awesome your gap is great you have awesome LORs but I look at the apft score as your first impression if they saw you had a 210 they might not even look at the rest of it, that of course may not be true that's just how I see it. But when you apply for one board and are not selected you will be automatically be looked at again for the next board in your case July and September if you are not selected in either you would have to wait 6 months to apply again so I would recommend getting your apft as good as you can thats just my two cents. bottom line when you are comfortable and feel like it is the best packet you can make, then I would submit your packet.

I say go for it. You have nothing to lose. Everything else in your packet is above and beyond. If you are not selected, you have a whole two months until the next board to improve your PT. As it is, you still have a whole month until the July board to update your PT score in your packet. Just do it.

This has probably been answered before but after you submit your packet, how long do you have to send in updates? I'll have my degree but not until the beginning of July.

My recruiter told me he could get stuff in about a week before the selection board met. But that is something that's up to your receuiter I guess.

Not as good as some of you guys... We'll see how it goes. (There's no AD Board Thread... Not invested enough to start one)

ASVAB: ?? AFQT, 116 GT

SIFT: 63

APFT: 279

College: 63 CH into a BS BA with 3.2 GPA

Military Experience: SSG in the Army, Infantry with 8 years TIS, 1 Afghan /2 Iraq Deployments, WLC, ALC, Slingload Cert, Master Driver/Gunner for 4 years... Currently hating my life as a Recruiter.

Flight Time: Does being carted all over Combat Zones as a Leg count? ;)

LoRs: Company Commander (very good), Battalion Commander (kinda generic), CW3 from AVNCOE, CW5 Aviator

Board Interview: Only Board I see is the July one... I assembled/submitted my entire packet personally to the CW in charge of WO Recruiting.

Maybe I can get thrown in at the bottom of that list you guys have goin!

Good Luck everybody.

Hi everyone, as of now, here is the list

1. I3uller

2. Lindsey

3. PhrogGuy

4. Robo

5. Cantankerously

6. Skudoosh

7. 30MikeMike

8. Jbomb25

Ok, maybe it was just me but there was a dead silence in the room when 30MikeMike posted his stats... Pretty amazing scores there. You and me buddy are going to Vegas and play Blackjack. I'll be Charlie you'll be Raymond. How's the Battalion board interview looking like?

Cantakerously did you take the SIFT? How did it go?

Jbomb25: being carted all over the combat zones counts only if there was at least one hot meal served on those flights. If you only got peanuts and a soda it does not.

(insert smiley face here and the letters L, O, and L).

I opened my closet this morning and there was a fat lady in there getting ready to sing...

• Like 1

Hi everyone, as of now, here is the list

1. I3uller

2. Lindsey

3. PhrogGuy

4. Robo

5. Cantankerously

6. Skudoosh

7. 30MikeMike

8. Jbomb25

Ok, maybe it was just me but there was a dead silence in the room when 30MikeMike posted his stats... Pretty amazing scores there. You and me buddy are going to Vegas and play Blackjack. I'll be Charlie you'll be Raymond. How's the Battalion board interview looking like?

Cantakerously did you take the SIFT? How did it go?

Jbomb25: being carted all over the combat zones counts only if there was at least one hot meal served on those flights. If you only got peanuts and a soda it does not.

(insert smiley face here and the letters L, O, and L).

I opened my closet this morning and there was a fat lady in there getting ready to sing...

Guess I got the boot.