Roll call - BCT at Ft Sill 7/15

reception is not part of the 9w4d. basic is 10 weeks ish depending on your day of the week you get to ship to basic from reception. graduation is always on a thursdayfrom basic. you company/battalion at basic wont get told to you until you ship from reception. when you ship! mine changed from mid reception to when i shipped to basic so dont let your family know your info until you are at your bunk at basic. theyll also provide you with your address for letters n stuff.

did i answer it all?

as far as wocs dates, anything on your orders now that is listed after your report to meps date is "tenative". and anything and everything can and will change all of it. might as well start living in the now and not the future so much. itll help later on trust me.

• Like 2

something as simple as falling out of the last oad march in basic, or not qualifying in brm and you get recycled in that phase pushing your wocs date back and everything. thousands of variables between now and just graduating basic. now and during basic, try to focus on each day, one at a time.25m targets before 300m targets. it helped me

• Like 1

So for those going to Ft Sill. I was at Sill end of January through the end of March with a couple other WOFT guys. You can figure out which battery you are in based on the graduation date, which you can guess at based on your start date. Reception is not in the 9 weeks it shows on your info you get from MEPS so it is actually 10 weeks plus a few days. When i went through, reception took about 8 days. Got there on a Tuesday night at about 2300 and then moved over to the basic training battery the next thursday. The weekend there was pretty low key. We also had our phones the entire time we were at reception.

Reception sucks, lots of waiting around and standing in line. Sill wasnt so bad. One buddy of mine was in a different battery and had a pretty different experience than i did in terms of the DS', when they got their phones and other stuff like that. Make sure you are in shape before you go, which you should be anyway. It is just one less thing to worry about.

Dont worry about WOCS now. Just spend time with family and friends. You will have a few days between leaving Sill and starting WOCS. We spent those days getting whatever we needed and stenciling out gear and enjoying the little freedom we had while we had it. One thing I would say, dont do anything stupid at basic that could get you hurt and recycle to another BCT class. It looks like they only do 4 7-week WOCS classes a year so if you miss the October one, it might be several weeks of waiting at Rucker to start.

There is a lot more smaller details i could share. If you all have specific questions about Ft Sill or the transition down to Ft Rucker for WOCS let me know.

• Like 1

Technically both, but if you complete wocs and never finish flight school the Army won't want to keep you around, so your commitment following flight school is the only one that matters.

I am still trying to figure that one out. On my commitment orders it says six years from date of graduation from WOCS. So does that reset once we pin our wings or do we just get new commitment orders for a 6 year term?

I originally had a later ship date but talked my way into leaving a few months earlier. It can be done if you had a good enough reason. Then again, I went straight to Rucker and didn't have to go through BCT. Try asking MEPS if you really need to ship out.