Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

I would take SemperGumbys advice and simply withdraw from the Sept board. I can only assume that your chances of being "re-selected" are nil.

MissLibertyBelle- Thank you for that post, not sure why, but it was encouraging.

New here, I didn't know there was a forum about this; otherwise I would have got on here back when I started this process in Feb., so I'm interested in hearing what everyone would prefer as their airframe?

Welcome to the forums! Post up yer stats at l3uller mentioned. Personally I want 58s with 60s as my second choice.

This will be the Mount Visuvius of good news after the board. I can feel it. Our doubts will be Pompeii getting completely obliterated by the selections raining down from USAREC mountain.

Or it'll be the Yellowstone Super Volcano darkening the skies and spewing ash into our hopes and dreams and affecting us long into the future.

But I'll root for Visuvius.

I'm going to go with 13uller on this one. All I know is if it doesn't work out for you Lindsey please don't choose counseling as a back up career choice. Lol

Hahaha there ain't no danger of that. I don't have the patience.

l3uller: not active duty but was, I got out 18 Mar 2012

ASVAB: 79 AFQT, 115 GT
SIFT: 45
APFT: (unsure: I was not told, but I think it was anywhere from 250-270

Battalion Board: (never told me a score but I think it was good, there was 4 officers instead of 3 also, 2 Lt. Cols. and 2 Cptns)

College: 22 Hours

Flight Time: N/A
LoRs: All former colleagues: Captain F-15E pilot / Major F-16 pilot / former commander of my sqdrn / a B1 bomber pilot / SOF-TACP at Ft. Benning / a WO-1 (high school friend) who is a rucker now training
Other: CAB, AFCAM, ARCOM, resume.

No PPL though or any aviation experience though :/

I'm torn between 64's and 58's myself:
64's because it is the other end of the string to my last job
and 58's because I have seen those guys in action, those guys are crazy and I love it

The thing I'm most nervous about is that y'all seem to have flight time/ppls/better scores on stuff/ ect.

I'm solely relying on my former connection with the Army and my past record to catch their attention.

Rucker did approve a waiver for my left eye though (astigmatism was .50 more than what is acceptable) but for some reason they approved it and I'm thankful up to this point.

I'm former AD as well, I think it will definitely help. Will it carry your lack of college or flight experience, not sure. If you have solidly written LORs and your prior service record is good which it looks to be, you could definitely get picked up. What were your prior service details? Mos. rank etc

Ya that will definitely help you, the aviation tie and shooting for something greater than your average airman will speak to your dedication and drive. Maybe it's just a gut feeling but I won't be surprised at all if you are picked up. I was just a dumb E-5 scout in the 82d airborne, I got out in 2009. I'm sure your battalion board gave you the whole "Why the army?" and "Why do you want to come back in the service?" questions? Also did you have a really hard time getting conditionally released from the IRR too? It took me over a month.

Actually, surprisingly, they didn't ask me that. I'll tell you what though I froze up during my interview because I was so nervous, the room was silent for 10-15 seconds with these 4 officers staring at me and my mind was just friggin' blank. My whole life revolves around this choice so it matters to me a lot. They were humble and they knew I really cared about this, so it wasn't that catastrophic.

Actually getting released from IRR took only a couple of weeks. The thing that took the longest in this whole process for me was probably getting that waiver, or maybe it just felt that way because I was really nervous while I was waiting. I don't know this whole process has taken quite a long time. But the guys here in Dallas are great they helped me a ton, they said that they've done WOFT packets quite a few times in the past.