Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

My release was a nightmare, I had to get all the info myself and little things like my recruiter spelling separations wrong in the email I gave him would add on a week or more. All the more frustrating because I couldn't start anything until that began.

I deployed 07-08 so we were towards the end of the surge. When we got there it was definitely interesting but we put in a lot of work and pushed most of the problems out of our AO after about half our 14 month deployment. Afghanistan isn't any joke either though, especially for someone who was in your line of work. Definitely rooting for you on this board, would be great to link up at Rucker and share some stories haha

My release was a nightmare, I had to get all the info myself and little things like my recruiter spelling separations wrong in the email I gave him would add on a week or more. All the more frustrating because I couldn't start anything until that began.

I deployed 07-08 so we were towards the end of the surge. When we got there it was definitely interesting but we put in a lot of work and pushed most of the problems out of our AO after about half our 14 month deployment. Afghanistan isn't any joke either though, especially for someone who was in your line of work. Definitely rooting for you on this board, would be great to link up at Rucker and share some stories haha

Yeah man I'm hoping everyone on here gets it! It sure would be interesting to meet everyone in person at Rucker. We only did 6ers though, idk if I'd even be here if it was a year deployment, y'all had it rough with those 12 and 14 month rotations, that takes a huge toll on you.

So what do y'all think are the chances that they'll inform the recruiting stations tomorrow, and then we get the results tomorrow as well?

Time gets slower and slower as the board gets closer. It's a scientific fact.

Yeah it is the Inverse proximity priniciple which states, (clears throat and dons spectacles) the distance to an object/destination/date is inversely proportional to the percieved time needed to reach said object/destination/date.

• Like 1

Yeah man I'm hoping everyone on here gets it! It sure would be interesting to meet everyone in person at Rucker. We only did 6ers though, idk if I'd even be here if it was a year deployment, y'all had it rough with those 12 and 14 month rotations, that takes a huge toll on you.

So what do y'all think are the chances that they'll inform the recruiting stations tomorrow, and then we get the results tomorrow as well?

Should be pretty quick, one of my board members said that the recruiting substation is notified the day of or day after.

New here, I didn't know there was a forum about this; otherwise I would have got on here back when I started this process in Feb., so I'm interested in hearing what everyone would prefer as their airframe?

60's first choice and 58s as second choice.

60's first choice and 58s as second choice.

Is that even possible? What are the chances that 60's wont be available but 58's will? Also how does a guy named Phrog not want the 46? Or was the whole response sarcastic?

For me (even though im not on this board) I want 60M

Is that even possible? What are the chances that 60's wont be available but 58's will? Also how does a guy named Phrog not want the 46? Or was the whole response sarcastic?

For me (even though im not on this board) I want 60M

Not sarcastic at all. Just saying that that is my preference. I would choose the 46 in a heartbeat . . . if the Army flew them. Now the 47, don't feel like hauling humvees and howitzers around the battlefield. ;)

Not sarcastic at all. Just saying that that is my preference. I would choose the 46 in a heartbeat . . . if the Army flew them. Now the 47, don't feel like hauling humvees and howitzers around the battlefield. ;)

Haha oops, mean to say 47 because the look similar (guess the real phrog was on my mind)

Lindsey

No need in being somewhat nervous. It's a slam dunk as long as your packet was submitted in the timely fashion. Meaning you're simply over qualified for the position. What are your career goals as an Army aviator after selecting OH-58D? Leaving after your initial commitment, perhaps going the Commissioned route, or striving for Chief Warrant Officer of the Aviation Branch at Ft Rucker?

We rarely know what the future will bring, but literally enjoy the ride, and thanks for serving Above the Best.