Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Lindsey

No need in being somewhat nervous. It's a slam dunk as long as your packet was submitted in the timely fashion. Meaning you're simply over qualified for the position. What are your career goals as an Army aviator after selecting OH-58D? Leaving after your initial commitment, perhaps going the Commissioned route, or striving for Chief Warrant Officer of the Aviation Branch at Ft Rucker?

We rarely know what the future will bring, but literally enjoy the ride, and thanks for serving Above the Best.

Thank you Sir but I respectfully disagree; I don't think I'm overqualified at all. My intent as it stands is to make the Army a long career and definitely enjoy the ride.

What are you guys (and gal) doing with yourselves today?!?! I can only imagine how long today must feel. Hell I'm anxious to see the outcome, and im not even on the board!!

Well I've got the ringer on my cell phone turned up to max volume (and I usually have my phone on silent), and plugged into a charger as much as possible. Already had one scare today with a customer calling that came through as the same area code as Battalion, so that was fun...

But generally I'm just trying to take it easy and I may go for a really long walk or jog later if the weather improves.

Helping a friend move. Checking phone. I'm not too worried about today, it's pretty unlikely we would get a call the same day as the board but tomorrow...ringer full blast all day long. Grand theft auto V comes out tomorrow conveniently so that should help the day go by a little faster.

• Like 1

Alright so I was going through previous board threads and July, May, and January 2013 found out starting Wednesday, and Nov and Sep last year found out on Tuesday. We could all have our answer in as little as 24 hours...

So I just got a very strange phone call that has me half optimistic and half terrified. My recruiter called and said that HRC needed my last job description box filled out, to know if I had completed WLC, and they needed my paper diploma for college (I had transcripts when I submitted at the time and they said it was fine for the board). This initially terrified me because I thought they had kicked it back and I would have to wait for the next board but the recruiter said that he thinks what happened is that I was selected and they just want my file updated...my packet has been up at USAREC for two months so it seems odd to me that they wouldn't kick it back until literally right after the board. So ya, I think I was either selected or I didn't even get looked at today...we'll see when the selectee memo is officially released in a few days I guess. As if I needed anything else to stress about.

I would guess you got selected. I would imagine that had you not they would not need that info right away considering the amount of time before the next board. Just trying to stay optimistic. Hopefully we'll all know something by tomorrow I don't think I can do this much longer, I just want to put my phone down. Lol

• Like 1

It's crazy, reading these selection posts. I'm at the other end of the pipeline, waiting for graduation on Thursday. It's been a crazy ride, going from FQ-NS to FQ-S on 2nd look, to getting crushed on the flight line, to gunnery. House is packed and I'm ready to be the WOJG at the new unit, sweeping floors and stocking fridges, being the "RL3-tard" as one of the cadre here put it.

G'luck to those on the board and remember that with the civilian boards, the odds are truly in your favor. It will be a quick two years here in Rucker though it might not feel like it at first.

• Like 2