Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Umm, I left meps after 12 hrs today with no contract. Due to a foul up in paperwork that should never have happened I will either have to make another 3 hour trip to meps at a later date or could even miss the deadline of Oct. 2 to swear in and secure my slot. I'm pretty frustrated at this point but being that this is a public forum don't want to go much more into detail than that.

Umm, I left meps after 12 hrs today with no contract. Due to a foul up in paperwork that should never have happened I will either have to make another 3 hour trip to meps at a later date or could even miss the deadline of Oct. 2 to swear in and secure my slot. I'm pretty frustrated at this point but being that this is a public forum don't want to go much more into detail than that.

That sucks!! I don't think they can let you miss that 2 OCT deadline. Good thing you preferred a January ship date anyway.

Here are the stats for the September civilian selection board:

Total Applicants: 36

Selected: 26 (72%)

Not Selected: 10

Average Scores of Selected Applicants

GT: 123

GPA (for applicants w/ college only): 3.0

APFT: 270

SIFT: 57

# with High School Diploma: 3

# with Associates Degree: 5

# with Bachelors Degree: 17

# with Graduate Degree: 1

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, how does one get this info?

Also, anyway to get full stats for all of FY13?

Active Duty list came out Friday morning and I was selected as well... It was my 2nd look so I was pretty nervous! Maybe I'll see some of you at the schoolhouse. I have to wait for an email with my report date and so forth, so I still have no clue when I'm going. Last name is Bradish, for future reference.

• Like 2

Out of those selected, do you know how many had prior service, if at all?.... looks like I am alittle above the average selectee based on this info... makes me feel alittle better. Again, congrats to all that were selected

Thanks for the info Lindsey!

Out of those selected, do you know how many had prior service, if at all?.... looks like I am alittle above the average selectee based on this info... makes me feel alittle better. Again, congrats to all that were selected

Thanks for the info Lindsey!

Sorry, that's all the information I have!

Hey All - I'm new to this forum and nearly finished with my WOFT packet.

I was told that someone's SIFT score is not viewed by the board? Is this true? If so, why was the average score of selected applicants listed as "57" (there was a message on this forum a while back that indicated this)

Thanks so much!

Hey All - I'm new to this forum and nearly finished with my WOFT packet.

I was told that someone's SIFT score is not viewed by the board? Is this true? If so, why was the average score of selected applicants listed as "57" (there was a message on this forum a while back that indicated this)

Thanks so much!

That topic has come up before, and I believe the consensus is...it depends. Some say they do look at it, others say they only see pass or fail. However, the paper with your scores is turned in with your packet, and since you wouldn't even be on the board with a failing score, they probably just assume everyone in the stack is a "PASS". In the event they are comparing two very similar candidates, they may review the scores as a sort of "tie-breaker".

Not sure where the "57" came from, but that sounds about right. That could be a statistic posted by USAREC, or it could have just been a collective average of stats from this forum.

UGH! I hate you guys in the nicest way possible haha :P You know what I'll be doing in early Feb? The exact thing I'm doing now except the problem becomes more snow related and less sand related haha. Thats when I should start heading that way though, and prepping my packet woot woot!

• Like 1

This is how you celebrate your last day at work when you're a flight instructor:

By flying into PWT in an R-22?

Actually, flying in that area of the Sound is very beautiful. I've made lots of trips between TIW-PWT-BFI-PAE and remember some of those flights as the most memorable.

You probably won't fly again for almost a year but you'll be able to celebrate your first flight back in the aircraft in a Bell 206 - a generally accepted step up.

By flying into PWT in an R-22?

Actually, flying in that area of the Sound is very beautiful. I've made lots of trips between TIW-PWT-BFI-PAE and remember some of those flights as the most memorable.

You probably won't fly again for almost a year but you'll be able to celebrate your first flight back in the aircraft in a Bell 206 - a generally accepted step up.

Love that route...on sunny days ;). And I didn't necessarily fly "into" PWT--I've been at the Bummertown office since I started instructing, even though I did all my training at BFI.

Gonna try to go for a flight or two during exodus just to keep the "touch," but I am definitely looking forward to the sweet smell of jet A again. One of the things I actually miss from my fueling days.

Weird, mine doesn't start until early-mid February. But we'll be at Rucker together!

they tell me january but i still have no way of lnowing exactly until my orders get published. im hoping its your class or at least someone i know is there lol