Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Last board before FY2014.... So I hope they go selection happy.

Will the first board for FY2014 be in October or November? Also do they tend to pick more candidates during the beginning of the FY or end? Or is their no measurable pattern?

Will the first board for FY2014 be in October or November? Also do they tend to pick more candidates during the beginning of the FY or end? Or is their no measurable pattern?

Fiscal year starts in OCT but first board is NOV since it is every other month. And no measurable pattern, at least at our (non-existent) paygrade.

Fiscal year starts in OCT but first board is NOV since it is every other month. And no measurable pattern, at least at our (non-existent) paygrade.

Cool thanks, that's what I needed to know. Looks like I finally have a target in sight!

Three and a half months after your recruiter accidentally lets your paperwork sit on his desk through the September board cutoff. :P

Have I mentioned that I hate you?

No, never

What's funny (except, not really), is I was reading the July board thread and you had made some off-handed comment about how something random would probably make me miss the July cutoff. Which...ended up happening. Damn you! *shakes fist*

Keep in mind that's an Active Duty board schedule, typically.

That schedule showed packet deadlines about a month before the board dates. Aren't the civilian packet deadlines different?

That schedule showed packet deadlines about a month before the board dates. Aren't the civilian packet deadlines different?

Yeah, the deadlines are wildly different. The USAREC packet deadline for the 16 SEP board is 6 SEP.

Yeah, the deadlines are wildly different. The USAREC packet deadline for the 16 SEP board is 6 SEP.

This is news to me.... is there a schedule posted anywhere that shows board dates and deadlines for the civilians?

This is news to me.... is there a schedule posted anywhere that shows board dates and deadlines for the civilians?

Ask your recruiter for one from Battalion, they'll have those dates. The sheet I have shows the Battalion board dates and deadlines, and the USAREC dates and deadlines. Only for FY13 though, not sure if the FY14 one is out.

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that WOFT packets were due the day before the board convenes or something like that.

Did I dream that?

Also, would shooting for the Nov board (coming from someone who is just starting the process) be cutting it too close?

I can tell you from experience the deadline is not the day before the board. I submitted 4 days prior (on a Thursday, board convened Monday) and was not looked at. If you don't hit any snags, November is possible but don't expect to make that board by any means. Things have a way of going crazy in the WOFT process.

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that WOFT packets were due the day before the board convenes or something like that.

Did I dream that?

Also, would shooting for the Nov board (coming from someone who is just starting the process) be cutting it too close?

You dreamt it, haha. Now here's the gray area - I have heard from people who have done it (on VR), that you can submit packet *updates* up until the day before the board convenes. Things such as an updated PT score, for example. Of course this may just be a case by case thing, and not an established practice.

Regarding November, shoot for it--why not? If you aim for the NOV board you will act like you have a fire lit under you. That's the attitude you need during this whole process, even if it takes months and months...and months...and years...(ahem). Some people are very fortunate and it only takes them a couple months to complete everything. Others hit every hurdle possible and it takes a staggering amount of time. Either way, just keep the next board in your sights and aim to hit it.

The most important step is finding an OUTSTANDING recruiter. Not just a good one.