Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Find a rainbow and follow it to its end... Only there will you find the recruiter you seek! :D

From some of the stories I've heard on here, that dosen't sound like all that terrible of a plan.

Any tips on finding a stellar recruiter?

Go to several stations and give them the following quiz, typed, to be returned to you in 15 minutes or less:

1) How often are USAREC boards conducted?

2) What is the current Army Aviation aptitude test called?

3) What is a passing score on the above test?

4) Can you get me scheduled to take the ASVAB and MEPS physical within the next 10 business days? (If NO, throw test in trash, give a polite "thank you for your time, Sergeant," execute a sharp about-face, and proceed to next recruiting station.")

5) How many LORs are required?

6) Are you going to get me to enlist first?

7) What is the title/subject of the essay I have to write?

8) On the DA-61 form, do you check the "Active Duty" or "Reserve" box? (NOTE: he should check the RESERVE box even though you are applying for Active Duty)

9) What are the upcoming Battalion board dates AND deadlines?

10) Will you sit down with me right now or in the next few business days to get the paperwork rolling?

If any of the above answers are wrong or otherwise unsatisfactory, please consult the guidance for the incorrect answer response on question number 4.

It's all luck I think. My first recruiter was horrible. Hit the jackpot with the 2nd one. I suppose the larger the city you live in the more choice you have in recruiting stations.

Yea I think we only have one here in town. It's a joint station that does all branches (is this normal?)

When I walk in am I looking for a particular person, or just "a recruiter"? Also if the first one is incompetent do I ask for a different recruiter, or change stations?

Yea I think we only have one here in town. It's a joint station that does all branches (is this normal?)

When I walk in am I looking for a particular person, or just "a recruiter"? Also if the first one is incompetent do I ask for a different recruiter, or change stations?

If you use the method I posted above, I'll buy you a beer when we get to Rucker.

Go to several stations and give them the following quiz, typed, to be returned to you in 15 minutes or less:

1) How often are USAREC boards conducted?

2) What is the current Army Aviation aptitude test called?

3) What is a passing score on the above test?

4) Can you get me scheduled to take the ASVAB and MEPS physical within the next 10 business days? (If NO, throw test in trash, give a polite "thank you for your time, Sergeant," execute a sharp about-face, and proceed to next recruiting station.")

5) How many LORs are required?

6) Are you going to get me to enlist first?

7) What is the title/subject of the essay I have to write?

8) On the DA-61 form, do you check the "Active Duty" or "Reserve" box? (NOTE: he should check the RESERVE box even though you are applying for Active Duty)

9) What are the upcoming Battalion board dates AND deadlines?

10) Will you sit down with me right now or in the next few business days to get the paperwork rolling?

If any of the above answers are wrong or otherwise unsatisfactory, please consult the guidance for the incorrect answer response on question number 4.

</joke>

I don't think I've laughed so hard reading anything in the last month or so as I did reading this.

Sad thing is, it's actually a viable method for weeding out the wrong recruiters.

• Like 1

I have seen the joint stations before. All the services here in Charleston have their own separate building but I don't think that matters much.

When you walk in a recruiter will greet you. Simply tell him that you are interested in WOFT and if they can help you with reaching your goal.

I have seen the joint stations before. All the services here in Charleston have their own separate building but I don't think that matters much.

When you walk in a recruiter will greet you. Simply tell him that you are interested in WOFT and if they can help you with reaching your goal.

Pfft. Moneybags. Charleston must be a high volume area. All the substations around here are joint.

Good Afternoon To All,

I am currently in the application process for the Warrant Officer Flight Training program. I am posting today hopefully to find a Warrant Officer to be interviewed by,with the hopes that he/she could write a letter of recommendation for my packet and I may have the opportunity to pick their mind.I am willing to drive to meet up.I believe that this will improve my chances at being selected for WOFT, prepare me better for training, and meet a potential team-mate. Anybody who could help me with is please do.

Battalion Board, complete! Will write up another post in the Battalion Board thread detailing my experiences. But now since my packet is finally complete :D , here's my stats:

ASVAB: 94 AFQT, 125 GT
SIFT: 73
APFT: 264

Battalion Board: 75/75 with outstanding comments
College: BA complete, MS 1/3 complete 3.75 GPA
Flight Time: Helicopter Flight Instructor, 325+ hours
LoRs: 160th SOAR Command CW5, CW4 UH-60 Standardization IP, CFI/Grand Canyon Tour Pilot, CFI/Coworker/News Pilot
Other: Extensive Search and Rescue experience, former Civil Air Patrol Flight Sergeant, Ground SAR Assistant Team Leader, Skills Evaluator/Trainer, FEMA Independent Study courses, Helicopter Mission Scanner certified for state DOT aviation SAR team, local City Emergency Management internship, etc.

• Like 2

This is where we all hang up our hats and resign to the fact that Lindsey is going to walk away with the board. Every slot. Just because she can.

Oh shut up, hahaha. Your packet is better than mine.