Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

I would! Because if you wait until Oct for Bn. then something may cause you to miss Nov board, then it becomes a hassle with LoR's being too old, and other things potentially expiring.

What would you say is too old for LoR's? It's looking like I'm going to miss this board now.

I received an email a few weeks ago with the subject line "WOCS shortfalls" from the CW5 at the CAB I'm applying to. Apparently my packet disappeared after I submitted it and they had a WOCS slot that they had no one to fill.

A few confused phone calls later I am set up for an interview with them next month. You guys aren't joking about how difficult this process is!

Credit goes to PhrogGuy for finding this first, but...

• 27 AUG 13 - 153A APPLICANTS STILL NEED FOR THE SEPTEMBER BOARD: Attention all 153A applicants, we are short packets for the upcoming September board and are extending the new packet and corrections submission date to 6 SEP 13!

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/index.shtml

More slots perhaps?

• 27 AUG 13 - 153A APPLICANTS STILL NEED FOR THE SEPTEMBER BOARD: Attention all 153A applicants, we are short packets for the upcoming September board and are extending the new packet and corrections submission date to 6 SEP 13!

More slots perhaps?

Hopefully there will be a shortage still come Nov (hoping to put in then) and give us Nov people a better chance!

• Like 1

Hey all,

I've been using this forum to build my WOFT packet for a bit now. Thank you all so much for everything you have shared about the process on these forums. It has really made the path to packet completion far less turbulent (excuse the pun) for me.

Anyway, I just completed my battalion board interview the other day. I did not want to post my stats on this thread until I knew that my packet was complete. But as it is now, here they are:

ASVAB: 80 AFQT, 120 GT
SIFT: 60
APFT: 281

Battalion Board: 70

College: BA from California Maritime Academy, 3.26 GPA

Flight Time: nil
LoRs: Retired Navy Rear Admiral (former aviator and president of university), Navy LT (EA-6B aviator), Department chairman at university, Professor, Internship boss
Other: Cum laude, President's list, Student government

Thanks again all, and good luck to everyone on both the September and all other upcoming boards!

• Like 1

So wait, on this board for civilians there's only:

Me

l3uller

Cantankerously

PhrogGuy (pending)

wm200 (pending)

and that's it? Is there anyone else?

Hey all, I'm on this board and another civ from my hometown will be on this board as well.

I finally finished my packet here are my stats.

ASVAB: 92AFQT, 132GT

SIFT: 49

APFT: 277

Battalion Board: 75/75

College: BA from Hawaii Pacific University 3.2 GPA, 50 credits towards B.S. American Public University 2.9 GPA

Flight Time: 0

LOR: CW 5 apache pilot, retired CW 5 apache pilot, retired major apache pilot current gs-15 with border patrol, retired AF ltcol fighter pilot who started as army warrant flying cobras, AF Msgt who was my supervisor.

Other: lots of community service and volunteer hrs.

• Like 1

More slots perhaps?

This is torture. I hope there's a similar message when I finally get to a board. But great news for September! I'm pulling for everyone on here to get selected first look.

Age - 25
SIFT - 63
ASVAB/GT - 83/119
College - Biochemistry with 3 minors - 2.56 GPA @ Purdue University
APFT - 269 (maxed out the situps, seconds away from maxing the run, suffered in push ups)
Board - ??/75 (I haven't seen the score yet, but they told my recruiter I did fine and recommended me.)

LORs - CW4 Aviator (flew several different airframes - 31 years of exp), a Purdue professor that was a research mentor for me, school superintendent, plant manager of the company I work for, E9 in the AF (retired), and a captain in the AF (non-aviation).

Flight Time - 0
Experiences - 2 years of being a head varsity swim coach - coached over 30 kids with a very high degree of success. 2 years of being a manufacturing engineer - troubleshoot equipment failures, coordinate and direct teams, and conduct training sessions for certain skill sets.

Awesome! Post up your stats!

• Like 1