CH-47 vs. AH-64

im sure that if the james bond car had two separate main rotor systems it would go fast too... that's cheating...

so in essence, to compare, you can take the 47 top speed and divide it by 2. then its fair.

I still find it funny that the "church van" can fly faster than the "James Bond car."

Right, because 47s alway fly slick with no payload so they can fly fast...

53 dudes say the same bullshit, but we smoke them when they're carrying anything useful in the back or slung, and that's us with ordnance...

I think it all comes down to what you want to do in your aviation career.

If during the height of the battle you want to sit in a hangar and watch a helicopter get worked on, go with the 64.

If you want to fly the only aircraft in the Army inventory that can have a mid-air collision with itself, go with the 47.

If you want to know what it's like to operate an RC helicopter from the inside, go with the 58.

If you want to be an awesome pilot - uh, aviator - fly a Blackhawk!

I must admit UH-60L IP has a point there. :) You know what, you can load a 60 (except HH-60)to the gills and it'll still smoke anything in theater. Don't know how many times I've been told to slow down by other airframe types.

As far as flying itself. That'll be awhile before that happens in lift missions. Now ISR platforms, their days are numbered. Look at the Navy deploying this year with MQ-8s embedded with the squadron. In the future any mission that doesn't deal with carrying PAX will be supplemented by unmanned.

I rremember when I had a class with a 60 CrashHawk...er Blackhawk pilot, he was so proud the Lima could pick up 9,000 Lbs. A whole 9k, wow 2 hawks and you still weren't to a 47 load. :)

4l0ciq.png

• Like 1

I think it all comes down to what you want to do in your aviation career.

If during the height of the battle you want to sit in a hangar and watch a helicopter get worked on, go with the 64.

2v8sggg.png

• Like 2