Rep. Roby: Ft. Rucker sequestration cuts averted

"Rep. Roby received official word today from Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno that the Army's original plan to cut approximately 37,000 flight hours and 500 training positions from Fort Rucker would no longer be necessary thanks to a restoration of funds."

Music to my ears!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Found out last week at Florala that Rucker fired a whole bunch of the contract Flight Instructors because they couldn't make the weight limit. They've canceled flying on Fridays and are flying closer to Rucker now. May make training a bit more difficult for a few months.

ya'll aren't the only ones suffering. I have been sitting at BCo for two months waiting to class up for BOLC and it is looking like it might not be till November when I finally do (along with a few others from my WOCS class). For some reason that is when we got slated in ATTRS and we are being told that all FY 13 people are getting priority over us despite how long we have been waiting.

I would be totally sympathetic. ..But I had a FY 13 date and waltzed right into BOLC. Lol

ya'll aren't the only ones suffering. I have been sitting at BCo for two months waiting to class up for BOLC and it is looking like it might not be till November when I finally do (along with a few others from my WOCS class). For some reason that is when we got slated in ATTRS and we are being told that all FY 13 people are getting priority over us despite how long we have been waiting.

Even if they brought back the proposed cuts it doesn't mean we aren't all gonna take a hit because of the wars winding down. You can expect that aviators in line units will fly considerably less than they did durring the Iraq and Afghan days. Some units are significantly reducing thier flying hour programs because they don't have the budget i.e. fuel, maintenance or pilots. In the 90's it was common for most PI's or non tracked PC's to get the minimums.

Actual flying is overrated. You all can do the entire program in the sim and then get your first real flight when you get to your units. :)

I am doing my entire -60M progression at my unit in a TBOS/simulator but counting it as actual flight time for meeting ATP/CTL requirements. :rolleyes: