Rep. Roby: Ft. Rucker sequestration cuts averted

Getting my CIF flight gear tomorrow and start Aeromed the next day. You guys have any suggestions for the new beginning?

Congrats dude. Now the fun starts. Seriously, flight school was so much fun.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

General Odierno gave a statement before the House Armed Services Committee the other day about how FY14 cuts are going to affect the Army.

For Aviation, notably:

In our aviation program, we cannot afford to procure a new Armed Aerial Scout program and we will be forced to reduce the production and modernization of 25 helicopters.

FY14 cuts will increase the current 200-seat backlog in Aviation Flight Training and will continue to erode the capacity in our sniper, Ranger, and language schools.

No bueno.

I'm hearing that starting next year all new IERW students must provide there own R22 to train in. It'll be part of the packing list.

After primary training it'll even serve as your advanced airframe. If you go scout / attack you'll get issued an M-4. If you go lift you'll only get an M-9 but they mount a hook to the bottom of your aircraft.

Get used to it kids. It ain't going to get better anytime soon.

• Like 2

I never would've even joined the Army if it wasn't for two things:

1. Firebirds

2. The Thunderstruck video

We all have noble reasons for joining. Patriotism and serving your country is great and all but nothing can motivate a young man more than AC/DC, stuff blowing up and the scene of Nick Cage in the simulator.

• Like 2

General Odierno gave a statement before the House Armed Services Committee the other day about how FY14 cuts are going to affect the Army.

For Aviation, notably:

No bueno.

This totally sucks.....I had a feeling that I messed up big time by not getting my packet turned in during FY2013.

I feel my dream is slipping away. I hope by the grace of god, I get in.

huh? I don't understand what you mean

He got screwed over on the September board (packet never got sent to USAREC) and will now compete for a slot on the November board...which is FY14 aka The Great Unknown. But his packet is top notch so he has no need to worry.