What do you do if the operator is breaking the law?

Just a hint. I see where you are coming from but there are many relevant things to your flying that are outside the PTS. To completely disregard information because it is not tested is stupid. Even as a private pilot I understood that.

• Like 1

If aviation interests you that much, knock yourself out! Me, I'm fine with what the PTS says I need to know about the "non-flying stuff" and am happy just being a pilot!

I’ll assume you’re new… With that, you should know, many, and I mean many, job interview and/or oral board questions are not just “pilot” oriented questions. Employers want well rounded people regardless of the number of certificates in their pockets or diplomas on the wall……

Furthermore, in my experience, this kind of attitude limits ones opportunities. As already mentioned, thinking that the entry level sector is how things are in the “real world” is ignorance at its best. Unfortunately, your post may be an example of current culture of the entry level pilot pool…….

• Like 1

Just a hint. I see where you are coming from but there are many relevant things to your flying that are outside the PTS. To completely disregard information because it is not tested is stupid. Even as a private pilot I understood that.

I don't disregard any kind of "continued learning", if there's something I need to know for a new job I'm more than happy to learn it. I just don't sit on the crapper every day reading aviation texts and articles!

I don't disregard any kind of "continued learning", if there's something I need to know for a new job I'm more than happy to learn it. I just don't sit on the crapper every day reading aviation texts and articles!

Funny enough, during my initial training and attendance to a “professional pilot development” class, that’s exactly what the instructor suggested. Specifically, he said, read everything you can on this industry. Magazines, trade-a-plane, books, whatever (the internet was yet to be). And yes, even while sitting on the crapper….

• Like 3

"Those satisfied with their own mediocrity will never have the capacity for greatness." - Me

• Like 3