airframe vs sport

Yes?? Training for my first marathon. Last Half-Marathon time was 2:01:05. I have found the runner's high. Still trying to convince my wife I am not going to kill myself, but I see ultra's in my future.

Sorry... I'm also a 1/2 marathoner (PR of 1:56...I should train...) and did a full this year...kind of :angry:

I just don't see 1/2s as "long distance". I don't know why... Fulls, and obviously ultras, yes.

For the record, I don't see myself as a long distance runner, either. Not until I'm "comfortable" with fulls. (Definitely not a case of "well, *I*...____ " I'm not a complete jerk :) )

Sorry... I'm also a 1/2 marathoner (PR of 1:56...I should train...) and did a full this year...kind of :angry:

I just don't see 1/2s as "long distance". I don't know why... Fulls, and obviously ultras, yes.

For the record, I don't see myself as a long distance runner, either. Not until I'm "comfortable" with fulls. (Definitely not a case of "well, *I*...____ " I'm not a complete jerk :) )

Agree to disagree. Any distance in which I have to start thinking about logistics (ie water, fuel), I think is "long" distance. Can you ever be comfortable with a full? :rolleyes: So . . . you didn't train and ran a 1:56? Jealous! I think I am doing well to carry my 207 lbs over 13 miles as quick as I do. We should keep up and compare notes.

Agree to disagree. Any distance in which I have to start thinking about logistics (ie water, fuel), I think is "long" distance. Can you ever be comfortable with a full? :rolleyes: So . . . you didn't train and ran a 1:56? Jealous! I think I am doing well to carry my 207 lbs over 13 miles as quick as I do. We should keep up and compare notes.

IIRC, my longest week running was 20, and that included the 1/2... I was running 5K like 3 times a week with my running buddy down at Rucker. When I get into it, I'm fairly comfortable running longer distances, but my absolute best 2 miler is still only 13:30 (7 years ago....), and was low 14 back in December.

I'm a little strained in my right knee/ IT band area right now from the marathon, so even though the weather is much better now, I'm still not running like I want. I did a 1/2 this past Sunday in 2:06 :/

I've got a Ragnar next week in Chicago...a little anxious about my knee, but we'll see. If you haven't done one, you should!

IIRC, my longest week running was 20, and that included the 1/2... I was running 5K like 3 times a week with my running buddy down at Rucker. When I get into it, I'm fairly comfortable running longer distances, but my absolute best 2 miler is still only 13:30 (7 years ago....), and was low 14 back in December.

I'm a little strained in my right knee/ IT band area right now from the marathon, so even though the weather is much better now, I'm still not running like I want. I did a 1/2 this past Sunday in 2:06 :/

I've got a Ragnar next week in Chicago...a little anxious about my knee, but we'll see. If you haven't done one, you should!

Hey, Good luck. Looks interesting. I am going to have to work my way up to that one.

I'm currently dead set on 58's (if I'm even selected) and I do a lot of skydiving, scuba diving, bouldering/big wall climbing, squash, canyoneering etc.

Zucchini is delicious!

• Like 2

Uh 60

Division 1 swimmer, now an elite triathlete working on my pro card. I have Boise 70.3 next week

Were you picked up on the May board? If so and you'll be around Rucker this winter we will have to get some work done! If I could get my swim times consistent I'd be golden. I'm squared away on my bike and run.

Interested in the 60; Search & Rescue, and Medevac

Mountain, rock and ice climbing, and whitewater canoeing

Hi everybody, I've been lurking for a few weeks now, figured an introduction was in order.

I'm in the studying/getting in better shape phase of my packet.

The information and resources on this forum are amazing. Thank you to all who have offered up so much invaluable info.

Congrats to the recent selectees!

• Like 1

Were you picked up on the May board? If so and you'll be around Rucker this winter we will have to get some work done! If I could get my swim times consistent I'd be golden. I'm squared away on my bike and run.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/474172842602291/?fref=ts

Fort Rucker Cycling and Triathlon group.

Never really looked into it around here. I really don't have that much extra time to train since I've started flight school and it's been a while since I've gone to a real school myself. I used to go to Renzo's school in NYC before I joined the military.

I am actually pretty apprehensive about getting hurt while rolling since it could affect my flight status. I might try to pick it up again after flight school.

Same goes for skydiving, I wasn't willing to risk my career on a "hobby" I really liked.

I had two MMA fights scheduled and my CC disaproved my waiver since Im getting ready for WOCS. I understand and I guess sometimes I need someone to save me from my own stupidity, but damned if I wanted to get a few more in before I knew I couldn't do it anymore. Also, the extra money before the move would have been nice. I rarely get hurt grappling, I figure it's fairly safe for me to do assuming I have the time.

Renzo's school is a legit place to train, I've only ever heard good things about it. Rumors keep popping up about him fighting again, I'd love to see it. I got to see him fight Frank Shamrock in Memphis, considering how easily he was getting the take downs it's unfortunate how it ended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...