Post-WOCS/Pre-IERW...Any questions?

Curious, what classifies a pair of boots "flight approved"?

They must be clunky, look un cool and be very uncomfortable and be approved by Rucker.

But really it's based off the design and the material. There cannot be any plastic or metal that in a fire will be next to exposed skin. I only wear flight approved boots when DES is arround anyways.

My thought is, it's my body and I'm willing to accept the risk of my boots melting to my feet if I am in that bad of a fire.

Like previously stated, it is always nice to have a comfortable pair of ground boots when you have to do ground stuff like, land nav, sere, range or whatever.

(1) Do candidates go through CIF prior to check in at WOCC? Ft. Bliss took my Ruck, do I need to get one prior to getting to Rucker or will they issue me a new one upon in-processing?

(2) My ASU coat currently has SPC rank on it, I know I'll be an E5 when I show up, is there a need for my coat to have E5 sown on or should I just have it altered straight from SPC to WO1 at Rucker?

Thx

(1) Do candidates go through CIF prior to check in at WOCC? Ft. Bliss took my Ruck, do I need to get one prior to getting to Rucker or will they issue me a new one upon in-processing?

(2) My ASU coat currently has SPC rank on it, I know I'll be an E5 when I show up, is there a need for my coat to have E5 sown on or should I just have it altered straight from SPC to WO1 at Rucker?

Thx

Don't quote me 100%, but I thought I read that you will not wear your ASU coat until graduation. At which point they advice you have the on-post alterations turn it from an enlisted coat to an officers coat. I also read that they will send people from alterations to the barracks to collect coats from the WOC's

Thx

You will go to CIF prior to classing up and you will get what you need. The candidate supply person acquired rucks to use for the ruck march, if you didnt come with one.

Your ASU's. Go turn them into one of the tailors either on post or off AS SOON AS YOU GET TO RUCKER. They will know what to do with it and they will hold on to it until the end of the course. This way you dont have to worry about it getting tossed when they toss rooms. I would also turn in your all weather coat. One less thing to worry about in your wall locker.

There's no such thing as E5 rank, that's your pay grade. Your rank will be WOC, not SGT, and as far as I know there's no sew on WOC rank for ASUs.

• Like 2

Drop off your ASU's sometime after to report to HHC (you'll have plenty of time). There will be a couple of options as far as WHERE you drop them off, but both on/off post will drop off all your items after you start class. Id say on-post is probably the easiest ... most people go this route and they drop off everyones items at the same time. Just tell the lady that your going to WOCS and what class your in.

There's no such thing as E5 rank, that's your pay grade. Your rank will be WOC, not SGT, and as far as I know there's no sew on WOC rank for ASUs.

I made no reference to E5 rank, I know the difference between rank and grade. I also made no reference to having WOC sewn on anything. The question was thoroughly answered, so I'm not sure of your point.

I made no reference to E5 rank, I know the difference between rank and grade. I also made no reference to having WOC sewn on anything. The question was thoroughly answered, so I'm not sure of your point.

I saw two answers that implied don't bother with it because you won't be keeping your ASU coat. Although that answers what you should do it doesn't give you a good reason why, which is important to know. An answer you can defend to a TAC Officer is a better answer, and "I didn't get new rank sewn on because a couple guys from the Internet told me I wouldn't be keeping my ASUs through WOCS" isn't an answer I'd be comfortable with. I'm not sure what exactly you were planning on having sewn on your jacket to signify your new pay grade but the only reasonable options would be SGT rank or WOC rank. Hopefully now you understand why neither would be appropriate even if your TACs wanted you to keep your ASUs as an inspectable item.

• Like 2

Nice response!

I saw two answers that implied don't bother with it because you won't be keeping your ASU coat. Although that answers what you should do it doesn't give you a good reason why, which is important to know. An answer you can defend to a TAC Officer is a better answer, and "I didn't get new rank sewn on because a couple guys from the Internet told me I wouldn't be keeping my ASUs through WOCS" isn't an answer I'd be comfortable with. I'm not sure what exactly you were planning on having sewn on your jacket to signify your new pay grade but the only reasonable options would be SGT rank or WOC rank. Hopefully now you understand why neither would be appropriate even if your TACs wanted you to keep your ASUs as an inspectable item.

Are we allowed to take leave while in IERW or any time during training at Rucker?

You'll be able to take the usual 2 weeks leave during holiday exodus. On top of that you should be able to take leave between selection and starting your advance track if you have a break between them. Most of our class had almost zero time between phases, so we were lucky to get a 4 day pass. Other people have had more of a wait, so they were put on random details and allowed to take a bit of leave.

You'll be able to take the usual 2 weeks leave during holiday exodus. On top of that you should be able to take leave between selection and starting your advance track if you have a break between them. Most of our class had almost zero time between phases, so we were lucky to get a 4 day pass. Other people have had more of a wait, so they were put on random details and allowed to take a bit of leave.

Thanks.

My sister is getting married in June, so I was curious if we are allowed to take leave/ vacation to attend.

Thanks.

My sister is getting married in June, so I was curious if we are allowed to take leave/ vacation to attend.

For something like that you should be able to take leave. Just let the cadre know about it and they'll try to work with you.