2013 HeliSuccess

I just sent the payment to "info@verticalreference.com" and it said it was sent to "Reynaldo Madrid". Is this who it's suppose to say it was sent to?

Ouch! I'm getting old! Anyone know if Ray is still flying up in Alaska somewhere?

I just sent the payment to "info@verticalreference.com" and it said it was sent to "Reynaldo Madrid". Is this who it's suppose to say it was sent to?

I had to take over that paypal account when I bought VerticalReference.com in 2007 from the original developer Rey Madrid.

It actually still works and I have access to it and I did get your donation. Thanks!

I had forgotten that I had created another paypal address and should have given this to Dennis.

The better address/account is paypal@verticalreference.com.

Goldy, I was just talking to an AK friend last night, it sounds like Rey is with the JNU FSDO.

Thanks Em...BTW, time to update your avitar, don't ya think?

• Like 1

Ok boys and girls,

Eric, Steven, Josh & Fredrick.. your pins are on the way.

If i have missed someone please let me know via email; dp@coloradoheliops.com and i'll get it right out.

If you haven't paid Lyn please get to that when you can.. this is for a good cause.

Thanks to everyone that participates.. I will be in Dallas at Flight Safety for the next couple of days for a IHST flight training committee meeting.. so i'll get to the rest when i get back.

aloha,

dp

I should be getting to Las Vegas early enough to attend the Pre-HeliSuccess social hour, how many of you guys and gals plan on attending? Also how many people on average attend HeliSuccess?

Lyn holds the room to either 250 or 300 attendees (just can't remember which)......which is why the event sells out every year.

Add another 10 or 12 for speakers, then add another 25 on Monday for the career booths....it's a lot of pilots in one room!

Lyn holds the room to either 250 or 300 attendees (just can't remember which)......which is why the event sells out every year.

Add another 10 or 12 for speakers, then add another 25 on Monday for the career booths....it's a lot of pilots in one room!

Attendance is limited to 210 I believe.

https://www.justhelicopters.com/tabid/233/Default.aspx

A full house in the picture.

See you there for the FAASTeam presentations.

Mike

Dennis - Lyn,

The pin came yesterday - Thanks again. It will be worn with great honor, not just as a VR member, but to honor Andrew's memory. I'll consider myself a temporary receiver, until maybe something can come together...more in a moment.

For the rest of the VR gang...

As a background, Dennis sent me this note when I ponied up for $cholarship donation, something that was completely unexpected:

"I will mail yours out today either way, also another note, the pin i am sending you went out to Andrew Ridge, for some reason it was in usps limbo for two months, and finally returned to me after his death.
There were two in the package and i mailed the other one to his fiancé.. it is very special to me and i wanted to save it for the right person. I expect there is some good karma attached. :-)."

I would like to propose a memorial plate or plaque that can have VR pins permanently set for fellow VR members who are no longer present to contribute thoughts & opinions, but nevertheless should be acknowledged. Kinda like a very simplified version of this. Maybe something that can be taken and be part of VR functions?

2 members that immediately come to mind are Flingwing206 (John Landcaster) & ADRidge (Andrew Ridge). If this gets legs, I'll send back Andrew's VR pin to be properly mounted, and put some $$ in the pot for John's pin. Maybe get a little creative and have their avatar etched nearby? Any thoughts? Is this going too far, or...? I don't like the idea of adding names, but I think it's fair to respect contributors to this site.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

How's this?? :)

HG03

Now it all makes sense!!!! LOL......and people thought you were pregnant...too damn funny.

Arotrhd_ I like the idea. Many here won't remember John, but some of us sure do. For me, he was the guy who tried to inject some humor and sarcasm into his VR posts, but he was truly focused on safety.....hmmm...wonder who that sounds like?

Edited by Goldy

Arotrhd,

i love that idea, this is what Lyn did for Andrew last year, it was cool. Anything we can do to remember them would be awesome (sorry, i can't get the photo to rotate).

i was thinking; i mailed this badge to his girl, there were two pins in the package that came back to me, i might have sent one to another member that made an impression, i just can't remember, i am sure that i sent her a pin too tho and she most likely has Drew's as i resent another package when he didn't get the first. It was a tough day when that first package came back...

i always wanted to start a non profit where pilots could donate old helmets in our lost friends name (and write off the donation). i'm sure there are tons of them out there on shelves that could go to good use... sigh, it just takes time which i have very little of now days.

on the subject of pins, Lyn sent me about 15 more, so if you want one just let us know.

see you in Vegas!

dp

IMG_2465.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally gave up on my school getting me firm information on a group rate and went out on my own. I will be attending without affiliation (on my name tag) this year. Can't wait to meet everyone again. VR pin primed and ready for the 2013 name badge!

Edited by gary-mike

Here is the FAASTeam presentation topics and schedule of speakers that Jason came up with. We are all on board.

The FAASTeam hopes to see you there!

1500-1525
Jason Dykstra
FAA FY 2013 accident statistics
Enroute Decision Points (IIMC)
1525-1610
Mike Franz
AMC AS350 Accident Review
Human Factors
1610-1620
BREAK (10 min)
1620-1705
Rick Theriault
Wire Strike Avoidance
1705-1715
BREAK (10 min)
1715-1800
Randy Rowles
Flight Instructor Intervention
1800-1900
Social Hour
Join the FAA "Wings " program for continued safety growth at www.faasafety.gov
There is no credit for the social hour but it is beneficial!
Mike
Edited by Mikemv
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone reading, as you can tell from all of the posts over the past few pages, HeliSuccess is a great idea for pilots at all areas of their career. New students can come and get a great idea of all of the options open to pilots once they're experienced, CFIs can meet with representatives of companies that are currently or will soon be looking for pilots, and veteran pilots can meet new friends, and find new career paths to take.

It's fun, informative and as long as you're willing to get in there and shake some hands, a great way to make friends. I'm sure by now most of the tickets are gone or going fast so make your decision fast if you're still on the fence. I still remember some of the great guys I met last year and I would recommend it to everyone.

I however won't be attending as much as I would love to. Perhaps next year, but I'll be working a great job that I landed and will be too tied up make it.

Just bought my ticket. First time attending the HeliSuccess Seminar. Really looking forward to it and cant wait to meet everyone!

It will be well worth your time to attend. Remember though you need to put some effort into networking during breaks and such...... I wanted to mention to newcomers that a lot of pilots have cards made up so people can remember them...I think it's a great idea, even if you're not a CFI or working for a company that gives you a card. You can get cheapo cards free at Vista Print and probably many other places. Also, guys wear suits, or shirts and ties, this is not a jumpsuit and boots, or tank tops and flip flops event.