Helicopter Service in Pakistan

Hello,

I intend to start helicopter service between two cities of Pakistan. These are 120 kilometer apart.

I wonder what kind of heli would be best for this service?

First i thought of AW 139 but it is kind of expansive (10 million USD). Then I came up with Eurocopter EC 130 it is 80 percent cheaper.

My question is EC 130 suitable for this kind of daily trips between these two cities of Pakistan?

Thank you.

• Like 1

I've never been to Pakistan and have no desire to do so...but what type of "helicopter service" are you speaking of? Just charter from one place to another and nothing more? How many people per trip?

It's a very short distance so I see no reason the EC130 would not meet your needs. The EC130 usefull load is about 1,000kg. 7 average bodies weigh about 500Kg. The EC130 burns about 120KG per hours and cruises at 130kts. So with needed fuel included reserve, you should not have an issue with being under max gross weight or performance..

Just beware that 7 people in the EC130 is not a comfortable fit and high temps and elevations are obviously going to limit performance.

I'm not on the metric system so my numbers might be off. Free advise so take it for what it's worth.

I think some background knowledge of Pakistani air regulations would be quite helpful here. For example, if we are talking about a regular service between the cities, the rules might very well require a twin engine machine, possibly even dual pilot. Also, the local availability of maintenance providers and spare parts could be an issue that has to be considered.

Edited by lelebebbel

It's a very short distance so I see no reason the EC130 would not meet your needs. The EC130 usefull load is about 1,000kg. 7 average bodies weigh about 500Kg. The EC130 burns about 120KG per hours and cruises at 130kts. So with needed fuel included reserve, you should not have an issue with being under max gross weight or performance..

Just beware that 7 people in the EC130 is not a comfortable fit and high temps and elevations are obviously going to limit performance.

I'm not on the metric system so my numbers might be off. Free advise so take it for what it's worth.

Hahaha Ec 130 cruising at 130... Yep at sea level. Once you get above oh I don't know 1500 and 25 C good luck. It's pretty sad when your getting passed by 206's all day when it started warming up. The Ec is not a speed demon when it's warm or a few thousand feet.

MI-17.

I've spent enough time flying in Afghanistan to know that's the only aircraft that you're going to have success with locally - altitude, useful load, high/hot/humid, blowing dust/blowing snow.

It's also about the only aircraft that you are going to have any luck with maintaining there.

On second thought I guess you could go with a PUMA as well but the edge is still going to be the MI-17.

Anything with an EC in the name is not going to carry 6-7 passengers in Pakistan.

• Like 1