Just finished WOCS

Nop

Graduated last thursday! Any questions?

Nope, no questions. Just a humble congratulations.

• 3 weeks later...

My class starts next Wednesday. I ship from ft Benning to Rucker tomorrow. I have a couple questions. Do you know where I can find a current WOCSOP? Also, will I have time to go to the PX before class after I arrive at Rucker to get things I still need? Thanks!

• Like 1

My class starts next Wednesday. I ship from ft Benning to Rucker tomorrow. I have a couple questions. Do you know where I can find a current WOCSOP? Also, will I have time to go to the PX before class after I arrive at Rucker to get things I still need? Thanks!

You should have plenty of time after you get there to take care of things. The shopette is right across the street from where you'll be staying.

Not sure if any of this has changed from last summer when I went through, but we were able to leave for the weekend after we signed in of Friday. I had my wife follow me from Benning and we was out of there by lunchtime. When you're waiting for your class to pick up it's usually only a few accountability formations each day during the week.

I'll be in your class, the front Desk at HHC has copies of it for you. Most everyone is already here, still waiting on a few guys to show up.

I arrive in Dothan at 1920. See you there.

• Like 1

You missed an "awesome" run this morning. I'm fairly certain our TAC runs marathons for fun. One of the good runners in our class had a GPS watch on and kept up and said they clipped a 5:08 pace a couple times on the sprints. Most of us couldn't keep up.

You missed an "awesome" run this morning. I'm fairly certain our TAC runs marathons for fun. One of the good runners in our class had a GPS watch on and kept up and said they clipped a 5:08 pace a couple times on the sprints. Most of us couldn't keep up.

Honestly, the runs are something that worries me most about WOCS. My most recent 2 mile run time was 13:48 and I was spent at the end. The other WOCs in my basic training company are running 11-12 minute 2 miles. What happens if you can't keep up??

Yeah, You have to grab a taxi. I'm a high 15's guy and I wasn't the slowest. Just pass the PT test. Most people fail the push ups, they are super anal about form. We were told to do slow and strict until we hit the minimum and then start cranking then out. There is a guy in our class that failed the sit ups for his last class because at 40 his fingers slipped and he broke his hands apart, for WOCS that terminates the event. The humidity here is terrible, lots of guys say they are running slower than normal because of that. I've heard that the PT is easier once WOCS starts because we don't have as much time, the run alone this morning was over 40 min.

When you get signed into HHC go make your stencil and start, it takes a long time. I'm trying to finish my stuff up now.

Another question...is there going to be a "shark attack" like at basic? I heard that there will be. Is is worse than basic? Because the shark attack and day 0 sucked for us. Obviously I'll do whatever needs to be done, but knowing what's coming is always nice.

Quick question for you WOFT guys regarding pay. How are WOFT candidates paid throughout BCT and WOCS. I know that some guys go in as E0 or E1, while some go in as high as E4. Are you paid at that rank up until you pin on WO1? I read somewhere that you are paid as an E5 the entire time but cannot find anything solid to back that up.

This may seem like a dumb question coming from a guy who is only a quarter of the way through his packet, but I'd really like to know just for future reference.

Also if you have dependents, are you given BAH while in basic and wocs?

Thanks for any help!

During Basic, you get paid whatever rank you enlisted as. You should know this from your recruiter once you sign your contract.

During WOCS, you get paid as an E-5 (or for prior service, whatever rank they hold)

After WOCS and you pin WO-1, well, you get paid that.

BAH - During Basic, you get paid the BAH based on your rank and zip code of where your dependent/s is/are. Same goes for WOCS at an E-5/zip code rate.

If you need to find the sources for these, the best place to start looking is the U.S. Army WOCC website or Warrant Officer Recruiting website. If not, I'm sure one of the recent WOs can fill you in from first hand experience.

Another question...is there going to be a "shark attack" like at basic? I heard that there will be. Is is worse than basic? Because the shark attack and day 0 sucked for us. Obviously I'll do whatever needs to be done, but knowing what's coming is always nice.

Don't stress. It is what it is and doesn't last forever. Don't listen to people at the shoppette you might come across before you class up. I had a guy tell me he would rather go through SERE again than WOCS. I have been to SERE yet, but WOCS wasn't that bad. Enjoy it.

I had a guy tell me he would rather go through SERE again than WOCS.

That is an idiotic statement right there.

I can't imagine that WOCS has gotten much harder than when I went through. That was like college with some running and a little more rigidity.

• Like 1

I second the IP's statement. WOCS is more of a gentleman's course and the TACs don't really mess with you unless you do something wrong.

As for SERE, it is what it is and coming from the grunts, it wasn't all that bad. Thousands of students have gone through it and were fine so it couldn't be that bad.