guard advanced airframe

ok so i finally got a hold of my state aviator recruiter. he seems very excited to get me going and off to wocs asap. good news for me.

my question is, he sent me the info regarding my packet and the whole process ill go through. (my packet is half of what you active guys have to do). in the info, it states that i get pcs'd to rucker for wocs ... ... filler stuff... ... and then ierw. but it says after ierw, i return home for advanced airframe in my own state? anyone see that happen before or can verify it happens?

Interesting, I just got in touch with mine as you know, who told me about the 3 slots. I'm interested to see what you have to do. Although I have military Airframes and Mech training, I will still have to go through some courses. I think it'll be interesting to go through as an e-5 though. I'm glad you got your platform man!

av8r, it doesnt say anything after returning home from ierw. arizona does have an advanced airframe school at the WAATS which is also where my unit is at too so maybe thats why. my state just sends me there? is there anyone from arizona in ierw right now that anyone can ask for me?

I just spoke to one who was prior enlisted then went warrant; he said he only knows of hawks and lakotas there at WAATS. Get clarification on your orders because the AZ guys I know are here at Rucker for the Apache course and they don't know about any Apache schools over in AZ.

If I am not mistaken, all Army pilots get their wings here at Rucker and you don't get your wings until after advanced airframe. Maybe FSXXI includes the advanced airframe.

that sounds like what i know to be true but i figured id ask people in the know to verify my comprehension of the pamphlet.

for the record, im not selected for woft yet, im about to graduate ait and then ill submit. ill keep yall updated, thank you!

(1) Formal training at other DA designated training bases may be conducted upon receipt of approval by HQDA DCS, G–3/5/7 (DAMO–AV). ARNG specific requests will be routed through NGB (NGB–AVS–O) to (DAMO–AV).

(2) Unless otherwise approved by DAMO–AV, local transition training will not be conducted when a formal DA qualification course or an appropriate USAAWC approved POI exists. Exceptions may be granted on an as required

basis by DAMO–AV.

The above is from AR 95-1 (the Army's flying Bible)

In English it basically means that yes, it is possible for advanced aircraft training to take place away from Fort Rucker. However, if a formal Dept. of the Army qualification course for the airframe exists at Fort Rucker you better have a very good reason for not doing it here.

More pointedly, it is highly unlikely that an Army aviator will learn to fly a 47, 58, 60, or 64 anywhere but Fort Rucker.