Odd situation question

This is my first post to the forum, but I have been reading materiel here for over a year, never had a reason to post till now. Ok, here’s my situation, if anyone that can help with either similar experiences or knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone done a service transfer (AF/Navy etc. to Army) from an overseas assignment, with dependents? Did you receive accompanied orders from the Army to WOCS/WOFT. There’s more to my situation, but I would like to first see if anyone has had any experience with this before I ramble on.

Thank you.

TSgt Smith, accepted May board, 24 Sep report date.

id think its a pcs move either way no matter where you are coming from. for you, it might be different cause youre gonna get orders to go to basic first which is no dependants allowed so youre gonna have to pay for them if you wanna move them back here. then from basic to wocs is dependant approved...

From an overseas assignment with a brach transfer, I would imagine they will move your family home as if you were ETSing, and once BCT is complete you should receive regular PCS orders for your dependents. You will certainly receive orders and whatever is required for you to get to your BCT location. Since most overseas assignments with dependents require you as a sponsor to be stationed there, I can't imagine they would leave your family there without their sponsor.

Thanks for the replies, I got everything squared away. I dont have to go to BCT, but basically my ETS orders send my family to my HOR, and once I inprocess at Rucker, The Army will move my family to Rucker. I was trying to save the Gov't money by moving everything direct to Al, instead of CA first.

Thanks.

an air force tech sgt? no basic? how?

It's been a few years since I went to WOCS, but 4 guys in my class transferred from Navy or Air Force. 1 of 2 Air Force and 1 of 2 Navy had to go to basic first. Nobody knows why except that there is no standardization, and if there is nobody told that to the people doing the paperwork.

I was "street to seat" but prior service USMC and did not go.

LOL my buddy went through Army basic with 9 years in the Navy. The drill sergeants looked at him and didn't know what to do with him so we pretty much was just there. The other Navy guy in my class didn't go to basic and was walking around in civies until they could set up uniform issue. I came in with a six year break in active service (two from when IRR ended) and went straight to WOCS. Like we all figured out, it's up to the recruiter of MEPS.

Thanks for the replies, I got everything squared away. I dont have to go to BCT, but basically my ETS orders send my family to my HOR, and once I inprocess at Rucker, The Army will move my family to Rucker. I was trying to save the Gov't money by moving everything direct to Al, instead of CA first.

Thanks.

Logical. Dont bring too much common sense to WOCS, you'll drive yourself mad!

LOL my buddy went through Army basic with 9 years in the Navy. The drill sergeants looked at him and didn't know what to do with him so we pretty much was just there. The other Navy guy in my class didn't go to basic and was walking around in civies until they could set up uniform issue. I came in with a six year break in active service (two from when IRR ended) and went straight to WOCS. Like we all figured out, it's up to the recruiter of MEPS.

What month and year did you go to WOCS ?

What is all this IRR. I am wondering why some go straight to Ft. Rucker and some have to go through Army Basic if currently serving in the AF or Navy.

There were two AF guys in my WOCS class. One went to basic the other didn't. Maybe there was a difference between the two that wasn't shared but it just seems like it came down to who they talked to during the process. There has to be something in writing, try to find that.