Jump to content

Rotorcraft Add-on from fixed wing questions

Recommended Posts

OK I have read the SFAR regarding Robinson's and I guess I just need it in normal English.


I have my private and instrument fixed wing. 165 hours TT. I am just for flying pleasure/personal business not career.


I now want to get rotorcraft add-on. I think I will learn in an R44.


So how many hours do i have to have and please explain the SFAR73



Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a private rotorcraft add-on 30 hrs in helicopters required, but realistically 40-50 would be a better estimate. SFAR 73 requires 20 hrs before solo in a Robinson. Then you have to have 10 hrs solo, and meet all the training requirements for night flight, and cross-country flight, and solo takeoff & landings at an airport with an operating control tower.


You do not have to take the knowledge test if you already have your Private fixed wing certificate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...