WOFT Guide for Applicants

Since this forum has been absolutely vital to the completion of my WOFT packet, I've taken the time to compile a new, updated, and more extensive Guide for WOFT Applicants.

I hope this can be used as a "go-to" resource when newbies show up in the forums asking...questions which have been asked and answered before. My aim was also to filter through some of the chit-chat in certain threads and pinpoint a few of the most useful and insightful posts so it isn't lost in the noise.

I'm aware there is a $25 guide out there someone created a few years ago, but I can only imagine how outdated the information is (AFAST, no sequestration, etc). Mine is free, and it will stay free. Disseminate at will.

WOFT Guide for Applicants.pdf

• Like 11

You have way to much time on your hands Lindsey, lol.

That being said nice job! Why didn't you make this last year when I was applying?

I second that on the "too much time" however I appreciate that you chose to use that time to help out us newbie WOFT applicants!

Believe it or not, this actually didn't take a whole lot of time; maybe an hour or two. I'd saved up good posts in a Word document for awhile, and had the basic structure already mapped out.

Thanks for the compliments!

Lindsey,

Awesome write up. Really gives a good insight to the whole process.

One question... On the part about filling out paperwork for LASIK, the whole link doesn't show up on the pdf... Do you have the full link? This is actually exactly the problem I'm having right now. One person says fill this form out, Eye Doc does, ends up its not the exact form they need. Have had this happen twice and am struggling getting any answers on the exact forms that need to be filled out. I'm assuming your link is to the correct form I need!!

Thanks!

Lindsey,

Awesome write up. Really gives a good insight to the whole process.

One question... On the part about filling out paperwork for LASIK, the whole link doesn't show up on the pdf... Do you have the full link? This is actually exactly the problem I'm having right now. One person says fill this form out, Eye Doc does, ends up its not the exact form they need. Have had this happen twice and am struggling getting any answers on the exact forms that need to be filled out. I'm assuming your link is to the correct form I need!!

Thanks!

If you click the partial link does it still not work? I assume you tried that but want to make sure.

Appreciate it!

Sorry for the crazy delay - here's the link you need:

http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/offices/Ophthalmology/docs/2010/Army%20Aviation%20Refractive%20Surgery%20Policy.pdf

Edit: Not sure why it still shortens the link, but if you click it, it'll take you right to the page.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of mods, are there even any that frequent this forum? I suggest just making Lindsey a mod.

There's basically only one and he's also the owner of the site. We've discussed it briefly before but he's a super busy guy so it never came to fruition. Maybe I'll send him another PM. We could definitely use some basic moderation in this subforum.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lindsey, I must say the Army will truly be a better Army once you are a member. This is the work of a professional that gives 100% of their own effort and does not mind helping others a long the way. I have kept a watchful eye on the site as of late, and your screen name, as well as a few others, continues to pop up in multiple threads to lend a helping hand. It is nice to see other people my age with a similar attitude towards life and military aviation.