Flight Physical - Ft Leanard Wood

Anyone take their flight physical at Ft Leonard Wood?

My recruiter hasn't answered any of my questions about trying to schedule a flight physical, so like most parts of this packet that all of us civilians have had to do on our own, I'm trying to do this myself as well.

I contacted Mr. Garcia at Rucker and he told me that he thought Ft Leonard Wood would be the closest place that has an Army Flight Surgeon to perform the physical (I live in Cedar Rapids, IA - 350 miles away).

I've contacted them and spoken with a lady who is trying to get me set up but is having trouble figuring out who pays for the flight physical - she's currently waiting for a response from her contact at TRICARE about this.

1.) Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? (payment)

2.) Does anyone know of place closer to Cedar Rapids, IA where a flight physical could be performed?

Thanks in advance!

And sorry about the misspelling in the Topic Line - Ft Leonard Wood!!

Edited by rwfoxjr

There shouldn't be any payment issues, your recruiter has to contact the flight surgeon facility and they will do the exam. I don't know about your location specifically but if there are any Air Force, Navy, or Marine bases with a flight surgeon at them near you, you can do your flight physical with them. Just be sure to bring in the Army flight physical standards so they know what to check, specifically the body measurements that are unique to the Army. I did my flight physical at a Navy base and it was approved.

• 1 month later...

This is a great idea! I was told by my recruiter that they have an applicant to WOFT thats been waiting 4 months just to hear back from Rucker.. Im currently stationed on an army airfield with the Marine Corps Reserve and my recruiters going to find out if I can just go to the flight surgeon there... Hmmmm

This is a great idea! I was told by my recruiter that they have an applicant to WOFT thats been waiting 4 months just to hear back from Rucker.. Im currently stationed on an army airfield with the Marine Corps Reserve and my recruiters going to find out if I can just go to the flight surgeon there... Hmmmm

Not sure if it matters where you get it done (that seems to be the easy part) I think the problem at hand is that the physical must still be stamped by FT. rucker, and it is taking forever to be approved by rucker

Just an FYI to anyone that is waiting on their Flight Physical from Rucker...

I had my flight physical done at Ft Leonard Wood on Sept 18. As of this Monday (Sept 30) I had not heard back anything. I was given the following ph # at Ft Rucker to call to check on it.

334-255-0749 (not Mr. Garcia)

Spoke with a very nice lady who said she didn't have anything completed for me yet but that she would email the flight doc and ask him to take a look... BOOM, next day (Oct 1) I received a call that it was approved.

Its worth a shot to call that # and check up on it if you're currently waiting.