Careful Joe, if you thank me again I might not be able to fit my head through the cockpit door! :-) haha

In all seriousness, I agree that a xxxxl flight suit is ridiculous, yet having to try 100% and always striving for that 300 is pretty ridiculous. Especially if the guy or gal is a good leader and competent PI/PC

Commissioned:
2 64
2 58
1 47
60s for the rest. Guns went first, 47 went to the 7th person I think.

Today's Warrant selection:
1 47
2 64
3 58
8 60

The 47 went to the 5th person, the last 58 went to the 6th, last 64 went to the 7th.

I went 60s. Put it down as my top choice a couple weeks ago, saw a 60 at the hospital on the way in this morning, was the first to get mandatory 60s lol. Overall we lost four from selection, two to height/weight (tape test), two failed the PT.

Just a heads up, and this in no way judges or criticizes policy or decisions, but don't expect to get any leave after selection. Guns got sent to details, all NG 60A/L got sent to details, active duty 60M has to report to PT every day until the start of class on the 20th. No leave/passes will be accepted until 48 hours after selection, and then it isn't a given it will be approved. We were denied leave when we tried a month ago, were told to submit it after selection, now told two days from now. Just a heads up - so you don't buy airline tickets in advance that you can't use like so many in the class did.

FYI, it is possible PT may become mandatory in IERW on Saturdays, overheard the CC mention it at PT formation this morning to a B Co cadre member. Not sure if it is talk, an idea, or going to happen.

Edited by t.o.n.y
  • Like 2

I'd think every single WOFT applicant would be giving it their all but then again I guess once you learn to separate what is important from what isn't then your motivation may change.

For you guard guys, what are your civilian jobs that allow you to do the guard gig on the side?

Edited by droz88

all of them.... its federal law

Yes that is true. Some jobs though may work better with this than others. For example firefighters and cops work a fixed schedule so it is easier to plan things ahead. Also if you are a 9-5, 40 hr/week person who has every weekend off then this would work as well. Some jobs, like mine in the medical field, require me to be available for call in case of emergencies so that would not be very compatible with a part time NG job. So I'm asking what jobs just to get an idea of how some guard guys do it. Also, how does the scheduling work? Do you guys plan your flights a few days or weeks or months in advance? Is there flexibility with the unit if you suddenly can't make it and want to reschedule?

Edited by droz88

• 2 months later...