Schools that accept GI bill associated with a degree program

Hello!

I know that this topic has been pinned, but I noticed that the list of schools hasn't been updated since February of 2010. I am going to be relocating to the Fort Bragg area of North Carolina, and I am looking for a helicopter flight school to attend.

I really need a program that is associated with a degree program, so I can use my Post 911 GI Bill for 100% of the training. If anyone knows of anything remotely close to that area, please let me know!

Thanks

Kevin

I may have sounded a bit too restrictive on my post. I will attend a school that isn't associated with a college. I would just prefer they were. Honestly, I am looking for a school that accepts Post 911 and that has a good reputation. I almost feel as though I've done too much research at this point!

I may have sounded a bit too restrictive on my post. I will attend a school that isn't associated with a college. I would just prefer they were. Honestly, I am looking for a school that accepts Post 911 and that has a good reputation. I almost feel as though I've done too much research at this point!

I don't know the VA rules, but I THOUGHT the flight school had to be 141 and accredited with a local college so that you could earn a degree in aviation....not just an FAA certificate. Plenty of flight school owners that could clarify this out there.

Yea, has to be degree seeking to be 100% paid for. Most of the programs i've seen that are connected to a degree are part 141 training but I don't think that is a requirement. The school I work at is 141 private and instrument and part 91 commercial. Part 141 is good because the hours needed is slightly lower. If you pick it up fast you can get your private in 35 hours instead of 40.

If not degree seeking then they will pay 60% after the private licence.

It seems like most of the schools that are 100% are on the western half of the country but there could be one in NC.

How set are you to the Fort Bragg area?

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having. Everything seems to be concentrated out west. I have been looking near Fort Bragg, because that's where my wife is going to be stationed. Turns out she will be deploying shortly after getting there, so I guess my options opened up a little bit as far as where I can go.

One school I have been looking into is ULA in West Memphis.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Kevin,

I don't mean to hijack your thread but this is the closest topic I could find and although I don't have answers to your questions I am in a similar situation with similar concerns.

I am also planning to use my post 9/11 Gi Bill on a license/degree program once I retire from the Navy and have been researching this in detail lately. I have all the information I can glean from websites and from talking to schools but I think what could help me out considerably would be to talk to a prior military member who has achieved their commercial license or is in the process of achieving their license via a degree program while using post 9/11 Gi Bill benefits.

If there is anyone out there who fits this description please post your experiences here or PM me.

thanks,

Shane

Kevin,

I don't mean to hijack your thread but this is the closest topic I could find and although I don't have answers to your questions I am in a similar situation with similar concerns.

I am also planning to use my post 9/11 Gi Bill on a license/degree program once I retire from the Navy and have been researching this in detail lately. I have all the information I can glean from websites and from talking to schools but I think what could help me out considerably would be to talk to a prior military member who has achieved their commercial license or is in the process of achieving their license via a degree program while using post 9/11 Gi Bill benefits.

If there is anyone out there who fits this description please post your experiences here or PM me.

thanks,

Shane

There's more than a few of us on this forum. What would you like to know?

really what I would like to do is touch base with a few people who have actually used post 9/11 Gi Bill benefits to find out if it in fact covers 100% of flight training. How easy was it to get the VA to send money to the school. do you have to slow your progress (associated with flight time) to match how much the VA is willing to pay per semester? Any help is much appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any experience with any post 9/11 Gi bill degree programs in the Las Vegas, NV area?

IFlyElite.com is the only school that I have found so far.