Only 4 boards in 2014?? Is that for civilian applicants as well?

I'm a civilian, but I was prior service as some may know already. I will for sure go to meps next month! I don't think JAN 2014 board is even possible at this point for me considering the process takes more than 60 days. So, will have to wait until MAY 2014? I know many people have said that the USEREC website is geared twords active duty so that's why i'm asking.

I'm 31 years old right now, ill be 32 in APR 2014....im cutting it close and I pray to god they don't change the age limit. I really want to atleast get a shot at being accepted and im soooo nervous they may change the age or something else that might prevent me from getting in.

If i got to meps by October 15th, would it even possible to get a flight physical and battalion board done by Dec 15th? How long after Meps/sift did it take everyone to get a flight physical and battalion board?

I'm also getting nervous because they aren't having as many boards this year as they did in 2012&2013 so it looks like they are slowing down the number of seats available.

• Like 1

Also where are you hearing that they've switched to quarterly boards? Doesn't look that way on the USAREC Warrant board schedule. Looks like November, January, May and July. 4 boards but not spaced out in the quarterly sense.

Also where are you hearing that they've switched to quarterly boards? Doesn't look that way on the USAREC Warrant board schedule. Looks like November, January, May and July. 4 boards but not spaced out in the quarterly sense.

My recruiter doesn't know anything....they are just basically setting me up with meps, etc. Here in las vegas, we only have 2 recruiting stations and only one person does WO recruits.

I didn't mean to say they have quarterly boards.....i just see that in 2014 they don't have a march board.

How long did it take you to do your flight phys and then batt board after meps?

Lastly, are sure that civilian boards are not always scheduled the same as AD boards are? So, considering ill go to meps by oct. 15th...and probably turn in my packet sometime in Jan 2014(realistically speaking).....I may or may not have to wait until May2014 to actually get userec boarded ?

My recruiter doesn't know anything....they are just basically setting me up with meps, etc. Here in las vegas, we only have 2 recruiting stations and only one person does WO recruits.

I didn't mean to say they have quarterly boards.....i just see that in 2014 they don't have a march board.

How long did it take you to do your flight phys and then batt board after meps?

Lastly, are sure that civilian boards are not always scheduled the same as AD boards are? So, considering ill go to meps by oct. 15th...and probably turn in my packet sometime in Jan 2014(realistically speaking).....I may or may not have to wait until May2014 to actually get userec boarded ?

I'll respond more extensively tonight--out and about on my phone right now. But my experience as far as getting my packet done has been rather unique as its taken an extremely significant time and I've hit almost every hurdle possible. Others get their packet done in as little as a month or two. It's entirely *possible* that could be the case as you. Seems like you are keeping a very realistic view of things, which is good, but don't let it discourage you either. PLAN to make the next board and make that your goal. If things out of your control happen and the next board slips out of reach, PLAN to make the board after that. Just a frame of mind thing.

Regarding AD vs. Civilian board schedules--they could very well match up together in FY14; not saying they won't. Just that I know in the past, an AD board was cancelled and yet they still held the civilian board. Really try to get that schedule from Battalion since its the only way to know for sure.

Anyway, I think it's definitely possible for you to make the January board if you're going to MEPS next month. Have you gotten everything done on your end? LORs, studied for ASVAB/SIFT, in shape, SF-86, transcripts, med documents, etc? That will literally cut WEEKS off the time it takes, and also motivate your recruiter accordingly (if he's a good one). Good luck and keep us updated!

I'll respond more extensively tonight--out and about on my phone right now. But my experience as far as getting my packet done has been rather unique as its taken an extremely significant time and I've hit almost every hurdle possible. Others get their packet done in as little as a month or two. It's entirely *possible* that could be the case as you. Seems like you are keeping a very realistic view of things, which is good, but don't let it discourage you either. PLAN to make the next board and make that your goal. If things out of your control happen and the next board slips out of reach, PLAN to make the board after that. Just a frame of mind thing.

Regarding AD vs. Civilian board schedules--they could very well match up together in FY14; not saying they won't. Just that I know in the past, an AD board was cancelled and yet they still held the civilian board. Really try to get that schedule from Battalion since its the only way to know for sure.

Anyway, I think it's definitely possible for you to make the January board if you're going to MEPS next month. Have you gotten everything done on your end? LORs, studied for ASVAB/SIFT, in shape, SF-86, transcripts, med documents, etc? That will literally cut WEEKS off the time it takes, and also motivate your recruiter accordingly (if he's a good one). Good luck and keep us updated!

I appreciate all the info....yes I got all my LORs(4 total- officers/pilots in the Navy). My sf-86 and electronic finger prints are done. I studied, and pretty much ready to go. My afpt score is what I am working on now.....im at like a 210-215 right now. It should be up to a 240 at least by end of November. Recruiter has my transcripts, so all I need is to go to meps as I mentioned. Im going to try and find out the schedule for us 'civilian' applicants.

You are on the board next week right? You totally got this!! :) Hey maybe if all goes well, ill eventually met a few of you from here at fort rucker.

what are some recommended experience before applying to a flight position in the army ?? thanks!!

That's a pretty broad question. What experience do you have thus far? Think college, prior service, flight time, volunteer experience, etc.

How much time it takes to get everything done depends on you and your recruiter. I started in May of 2012 and was selected on the September board. I think that is the exception and not the rule though. A lot of it had to do with the fact that my recruiting station had just comeplted a WOFT packet and knew what to do and I was in a similar boat as far as age goes. For most people it takes much longer because the recruiters have never done one so they are learning (if they even want to put the effort in) while they are doing it.