Experimental to Restricted

adam32

What paperwork or testing would be needed to convert an Experimental over to Restricted or Standard? I know an STC would do it, but if there isn't an STC? I wouldn't want to pay to get an STC but an Experimental helicopter is about useless to me...

• Like 3

what aircraft... what fsdo... what mido...?

next to impossible save a few examples... if it was previously type certified or is a military product... if it was always experimental forget it.

269A (TH55) with a C18 in it. I know its been done a couple times but I don't know what paperwork is still available. Sac fsdo.

Yeah... Never gonna happen without an stc... Could be a one time stc(a little less hassle) but still... Truth is you could buy something already certified fir what you're going ti spend trying to certify that... If you have time and money sounds like a fun project... Who knows maybe only cost you 50k to get certified.

You'll need a der to do all your calculations. A dar to get your installation done and then the almighty flight testing (the apparent bottleneck of stc processing currently).

Yeah... Never gonna happen without an stc... Could be a one time stc(a little less hassle) but still... Truth is you could buy something already certified fir what you're going ti spend trying to certify that... If you have time and money sounds like a fun project... Who knows maybe only cost you 50k to get certified.

You'll need a der to do all your calculations. A dar to get your installation done and then the almighty flight testing (the apparent bottleneck of stc processing currently).

It's already done is one good thing, I'm not sure how it's done because I haven't seen it in person. It's N registered but its in Europe right now. Looks like a real cherry install but that's hard to tell just from pictures.

I've seen 2 in the states. Both experimental. If there is a standard certified one I'm sure it was done long ago... Getting harder and harder to do things via field approval... Turbine install in a piston via field approval??? Haha. Good luck

Yeah and trying to find the paperwork from one a long time ago (if there is a standard one) would be about impossible. It would be a very cool machine to operate tho, probably make an awesome ag and Christmas tree ship!

Even if there was "paperwork" meaning a previous 337 it would do almost no good in today's FSDO's.

I have thought about producing an STC for the 300 series with a turbine... It would make a fun light turbine although the only thing you gain is about 200 lbs useful. You could certainly follow suit with the 330 and use parts from it to help your approval.