Nov 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Mcclainm, are you a civilian applicant, and if so how did you check the status of your packet? I asked my recruiter who said everything was ready and it's just a waiting game now but id still like to see it with my own eyes. I know the usarec website has ways to check the status, but I was under the impression the site was for active duty.

Does anyone else know if it's possible for civilians to check their status through the usarec website or do we need to take our recruiters for their word? Option b has me worried.

Mcclainm, are you a civilian applicant, and if so how did you check the status of your packet? I asked my recruiter who said everything was ready and it's just a waiting game now but id still like to see it with my own eyes. I know the usarec website has ways to check the status, but I was under the impression the site was for active duty.

Does anyone else know if it's possible for civilians to check their status through the usarec website or do we need to take our recruiters for their word? Option b has me worried.

In July when I was told everything was good to go I didn't trust it either and tried every avenue I could to find some way to make sure my packet was up and board ready but there really is no way for civilians besides your recruiter telling you everything is good. Come the September board I wasn't on it due it my recruiting battalion screwing up and never sending my packet where it needed to go and here I am waiting for my first look in November when I finished my packet in July. It's definitely a broken aspect of the process but there's really nothing we can do. Just cross your fingers and hope some disgruntled E-7 doesn't decide to just not do his job like in my case.

• Like 1

I'll be re-taking my APFT this Friday and giving the recruiters my CCAF transcript; adding around 30 hours to my packet. I sure hope those two factors help me this time around. My packet was lacking some meat last time.

Would you mind telling us your stats so we know what you mean by lacking meat?

I had a 253 or 254 on my APFT and I only had 22 or so college credits, but that was only because the Air Force wouldn't send CCAF transcripts to anyone but educational institutions until July of this year when they changed their policy. So now I can add a few more credits.

But basically I don't want to get passed up a second time so I'm doing everything I can.

• Like 1

I was stationed at a unit that used to fall under the DOG COC buts its a Combined Task Group now between the USCG/USN. Patrol Forces Southwest Asia? We just trained with T1G, Good bunch of guys though and great training.

Are you stationed at Schofield by chance? I'm just going off of context clues.