Nov 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Thanks! When do you ship out? Do you have to basic again?

No basic again. Swear in on 3 Feb. Scheduled to begin Phase1 on 12 Feb. Working to get that changed to Distance Learning and report for Phase 2 in March.

• Like 1

For you active duty selectees, how soon will you see orders or an ATRRS class date? My girlfriend is planning to move here to CA from the East Coast about the time that I find out about the results. If I get selected I don't want her to go through all that hassle for just a month or so if I'm shipping that quick.

Should be official now, last piece of the puzzle, Battalion Board Interview, was done last Friday. Now just crossing the fingers and waiting...

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 91 / 133
SIFT: 70
APFT: 270
EDUCATION: University of Iowa - Major: Economics - Minor: Business Management
FLIGHT: None
BOARD: 75/75
LORS: CW5 USASOAC, CW5 160th SOAR(A), LTC (Ret.) Aviator, High School Principal, College Internship Boss, 2nd College Internship Boss

Other: Marathon Runner, Many leadership positions within current and past positions, as well as in charity groups.

• Like 1

No basic again. Swear in on 3 Feb. Scheduled to begin Phase1 on 12 Feb. Working to get that changed to Distance Learning and report for Phase 2 in March.

5 months from being selected! Is that because you aren't doing basic again? What is the typical ship date for someone going through the whole process?

• Like 1

5 months from being selected! Is that because you aren't doing basic again? What is the typical ship date for someone going through the whole process?

Can't really speak to what is typical. I have seen shipping 9 months from selection and I have seen shipping a month from selection. My civilian compatriots seem to be shipping in early Nov so that we will meet at Ft. Rucker in Feb. I would imagine that is about par for the course. My understanding is that you should be going through the pipeline with the folks you got selected with. So, for Lindsey or one of the other folks who got selected with me, they ship about 1.5 months from selection. I, because I am special and stuff, ship 4 months from selection.

That help any? :D

For those November hopefuls who are pushed to January:

Like most people, my APFT was one of the last things I've done to get my packet together to allow myself the most amount of time to prepare. I took it over the weekend and scored a 292. I'm pleased but obviously I was aiming for the 300.

While there is already a lot of helpful info on this forum for PT, I just want to offer some links that helped me for those who aren't able to make the November board like me. I hope to update my packet to a 300pft before January! :)

The "Three-Hour" Diet - Military Fitness - Military.com

Prep for Basic (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

Army Basic Training | Prepare for U.S. Army Boot Camp

2012 Army Fitness Standards

Also, look on YouTube for a video called "Max your PT score"

Happy training :D

• Like 1

Can't really speak to what is typical. I have seen shipping 9 months from selection and I have seen shipping a month from selection. My civilian compatriots seem to be shipping in early Nov so that we will meet at Ft. Rucker in Feb. I would imagine that is about par for the course. My understanding is that you should be going through the pipeline with the folks you got selected with. So, for Lindsey or one of the other folks who got selected with me, they ship about 1.5 months from selection. I, because I am special and stuff, ship 4 months from selection.

That help any? :D

Ya man that's some decent info, thanks! Now hopefully that will apply to me.

For those November hopefuls who are pushed to January:

Like most people, my APFT was one of the last things I've done to get my packet together to allow myself the most amount of time to prepare. I took it over the weekend and scored a 292. I'm pleased but obviously I was aiming for the 300.

While there is already a lot of helpful info on this forum for PT, I just want to offer some links that helped me for those who aren't able to make the November board like me. I hope to update my packet to a 300pft before January! :)

The "Three-Hour" Diet - Military Fitness - Military.com

Prep for Basic (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

Army Basic Training | Prepare for U.S. Army Boot Camp

2012 Army Fitness Standards

Also, look on YouTube for a video called "Max your PT score"

Happy training :D

Wow! Good job!

Ya man that's some decent info, thanks! Now hopefully that will apply to me.

Are you active duty or prior service?

BTW, I think its good timing considering its your second look.....because on the NOV board has 'high selection rate' which i'm sure you already saw that on USEREC website. You should be fine ;)

Are you active duty or prior service?

BTW, I think its good timing considering its your second look.....because on the NOV board has 'high selection rate' which i'm sure you already saw that on USEREC website. You should be fine ;)

I saw it, I'm keeping my feet grounded though because I know that link applies to active duty personnel. Granted, it might apply to everyone as a whole but I'm going to just assume it's only active duty. Just gonna keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.

Oh man well hopefully it got squared away this time. After I re-took my APFT and gave them my transcript, I stayed at the recruiting office and made calls all up and down USAREC to find out what exactly needed to be done to update my packet. Every number I called (except one) never answered, which I know was standard because it was nearing lunch time.

Then I called 2 days later and just asked for a confirmation so I get the warm and fuzzy.

There's always a part of me that remembers what it was like to be in the military, and have people tell you things just so you'll leave them alone. But I'm fairly used to this already as I'm sure you are, too. It's unfortunate that it is this way sometimes and we have done all we can.

I hope they got you in for this go!

• Like 2