Are There Any Unhappy Pilots Out There?

When was the last time you saw any kind of internet post about how happy and content someone is? Usually people are focused on whatever in their life is NOT going well. They may love what they do, but if their pay stinks, they are going to complain about it. It's just human nature.

We're supposed to get paid?

Yes, but like goldilocks, not too little. We usually don't have to worry about getting paid too much.

Quote from gary-mike

"I could be wrong but, I think most pilots are happiest when they are flying, and grumpy when grounded... Hopefully they aren't posting on forums when airborne. "

Grounded is definitely too little. Not getting out of the cockpit all day into the night might be too much.

edit: add

Edited by aeroscout

I flew one day up in Washington drying cherries that was literally 11.5 hrs in the seat. I didnt even want to see a helicopter, hear the word helicopter, or anything else associated with helicopters the rest of the night. Next morning I got got up happy as I could be and put in another 8 hours day. I was whooped like a rented mule at the end of those days, but every morning I got up eager to fly again.

This post reminds me of a joke a old time fixed wing guy I gave a Rotor add-on to:

What is the difference between pilots and turbine engines?.......when you shut down the turbine it quits whining! BA-DUM-TSSSS!!!

• Like 2