Flight boots

Ok, I have worn Belleville 340DES since Aeromed. They dont have a tread anymore. I got a new set at RFI. The sole is damn near 2" thick. I can barely fit the massive boots in my cockpit.

According to http://www.usaarl.army.mil/usaarl/Documents/Aviation%20Approved%20Boots-10%20Dec%2012.pdf

I can use any COTS boot that meets 95-1. Which simply says "Leather boots and boots approved for aviation use in accordance with CTA 50900"

So......

Anyone got any ideas? I read that as 8" tan ACU approved leather boots.

Edited by akscott60
  • Like 2

I am looking at getting the Oakley SI assault 8" boots.... will i be able to fly in those?

No not at Rucker...

Who really cares if your boots are flight approved, it's your feet.

Once you leave Rucker and if you have a laid back command you might be able to get away with wearing them.

If I am in that bad of a fire that my boots melt to my feet than i'm willing to accept the risk of wearing comfortable boot while I fly.

No not at Rucker...

Who really cares if your boots are flight approved, it's your feet.

Once you leave Rucker and if you have a laid back command you might be able to get away with wearing them.

If I am in that bad of a fire that my boots melt to my feet than i'm willing to accept the risk of wearing comfortable boot while I fly.

That would be great if all you did was fly with them on. But I'm willing to bet you drive with them, and maybe even a little backyard grilling with them ?

ok so i have wellco's that are flight approved that got issued to me at basic but those or considered my "cold weather" boots? im not sure.

can you all post what you wear with the model info too? flight approved preferred. my command is not "laid back" and would love for me to follow AR. is a temperate weather boot meant for cold weather climates?

When you go to the clothing and sales at Fort Rucker buy the ones that have the flight approved tag. Between WOCS, BOLC, HOST and SERE you are guaranteed to ruin your current pair. Invest in some good old regular, lightweight non flight boots. You're about to do an almost comical amount of walking through the woods.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know the difference between the belleville 790 and the 790v or g... i found some v's and g's online but very few plain 790's. also, funny story, one ebay seller is selling 790v's and is at fort rucker...

ive decided thats the model i want to get now i just have to find some for a reasonable price...