Girl Scout Day at CMA!

"4DC" survived another Girl Scout Day hosted by the Ventura 99s at Camarillo Airport! Biggest group ever. We had 77 smart and healthy kids. Lots of fun!!

Any other show-and-tell stories from this summer? Please share!

post-15520-0-18428800-1382828291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Red 22
  • Like 3

Well, not for the Girl Scouts but for the CAP and Boy Scouts. Over 1,000 kids flown via the BSA and around 500 for the Young Eagles.

Best way to get kids involved in aviation is to introduce them to aviation!

This Saturday we have another group of 30 Scouts coming out to KOKB do their Aviation Merit Badge which culminates in a Young Eagle flight in my MD500!

I do the flights and two other helicopter pilots help keep the kids occupied while the other kids do their flights.

We bring a grill, burgers and hot dogs, football and frisbees and have a fantastic time.

screen 2013-10-29 at 9.12.41 AM.jpg

screen 2013-10-29 at 9.08.10 AM.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! Got involved when my oldest son was in the Scouts....

As pilots, I think we have a great responsibility to expose the next generation to aviation and hopefully encourage some of them to become pilots, much like someone did for me when I was 10!

No pics to share, but I run the ground school for our local EAA chapters' Young Eagles days. We try to do at least 4 a year. Two weekends ago, we had a group of about 20 kids attend. They all get about a 20 minute ride in a single engine airplane. Nobody has the $ to come and fly kids in their heli...yet ;)

The kids love it, and it does expose them to aviation. They all have stories to remember for the rest of their lives!

Nice thread! Congrats!

• Like 1