500 POH

Black Bear

Does anyone know where I can find the POH for the 500c? I tried to go through MD's web site and after three weeks of waiting, and two phone calls, they still haven't activated my account. I have found the POH for the D model online, but not the C. Are there many differences? I have no experience with either of these A/c. Thanks for the help.

• Like 7

Does anyone know where I can find the POH for the 500c? I tried to go through MD's web site and after three weeks of waiting, and two phone calls, they still haven't activated my account. I have found the POH for the D model online, but not the C. Are there many differences? I have no experience with either of these A/c. Thanks for the help.

First off don't call it a POH... You wanna fly the big boy helicopters learn the big boy names ;) There called Rotorcraft Flight manuals or flight manuals. I have a D model not a C model sorry

• Like 2

First off don't call it a POH... You wanna fly the big boy helicopters learn the big boy names ;) There called Rotorcraft Flight manuals or flight manuals. I have a D model not a C model.

First off don't call it a POH... You wanna fly the big boy helicopters learn the big boy names ;) There called Rotorcraft Flight manuals or flight manuals. I have a D model not a C model.

Seriously, how old are you? Like 12 or something.

First of all, don't call it a POH. If you want to fly the big boy helicopters, learn the big boy names. They're called Rotorcraft Flight Manuals or “Flight Manuals. I have a D model not a C model.

I sometimes call it a POH too. :D

"First off don't call it a POH..."

Huh? The R44 POH says "Pilot's Operating Handbook" in big letters right across the front.

First off I was joking hence the winky face and way over the top way I said. Second off yep the R-44 sure does say "POH". Since the op specifically asked about a 500 that's what I was referring too, and for the record Robinson is the only manufacturer that calls them "POH" that I've flown anyway. Bell, MD, Augusta and Eurocopter. Go into a company with only turbines and call it a POH see how many people give you a blank look. Edited by helipilotm

First off I was joking hence the winky face and way over the top way I said. Second off yep the R-44 sure does say "POH". Since the op specifically asked about a 500 that's what I was referring too, and for the record Robinson is the only manufacturer that calls them "POH" that I've flown anyway. Bell, MD, Augusta and Eurocopter. Go into a company with only turbines and call it a POH see how many people give you a blank look.

It's really hard to tell when someone is being "over the top" on the web. Sorry, I didn't see the humor in your post either.

"First off don't call it a POH..."

Huh? The R44 POH says "Pilot's Operating Handbook" in big letters right across the front.

On the first page though it does say "and faa approved rotorcraft flight manual",...but only student pilots on their ppl checkride need to remember that! :D

For what its worth my 500 manual says its for "MD 500 models (369HE/HS/HM)" ,...yet my instructor wrote "MD500c" in my logbook? :huh:

Edited by pilot#476398

Keeping within the joking theme of this thread, there is no PPL in the US certificate world but which of us would ever say PPC other than on a CFI oral?

On the first page though it does say "and faa approved rotorcraft flight manual",...but only student pilots on their ppl checkride need to remember that! :D

Humor, remember humor!

Edited by Mikemv

Keeping within the joking theme of this thread, there is no PPL in the US certificate world but which of us would ever say PPC other than on a CFI oral?

Humor, remember humor!

At least this wasn't a BFR discussion! :lol:

• Like 1

FAA designation & MDHI sales designation
369A = OH-6A
369HE = MD500
369HS = MD500C
369HM = MD500M
369D = MD500D
369MD = MD500MD
369E = MD500E

369F = MD530F (Pre-1986)
369FF = MD530F

369MF – MD530F Exported for military use (not typed)

I get confused also. Here is a list.

IChris, thanks for the C model RFM. Would you happen to have an A model lying around, or would the A and C models be nearly identical?

I don’t have the original Army OH-6 flight manual. The 369A (OH-6A) is practically identical to the 500C as far as the pilot is concerned. If you really need old military flight manuals check the following link:

Hughes OH-6 Cayuse

TC –H3WE NOTE 4 [a]: The Hughes Model 369 (YOH-6A) and 369A (OH-6A) helicopters were only produced for and delivered to military customers. To meet the basic eligibility requirements for a U.S. standard and export airworthiness certificate, Hughes Model 369 (YOH-6A) and 369A (OH-6A) helicopters must have been issued an FAA Form 8130-2 (previously FAA Form 970), “FAA Conformity Certificate – Military Aircraft”, prior to delivery to the U.S. Army. Civil conversion of these helicopters requires certain modifications to be made in accordance with the applicable FAA approved type design data which forms the basis of Type Certificate H3WE.