Hot off the press!

http://www.kansas.com/2013/11/07/3101267/helicopter-pilot-graduates-in.html

Those pesky Vietnam guys are retiring and the industry is starving for new pilots! But I thought you had to train in high DA to be marketable as a pilot? I'm so confused. Can someone tell me about the "turbine rating"? I don't have one yet.

(I offer nothing of substance with this.....I just love these ads disguised as news articles)

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 2

I offer nothing of substance with this.....

X2......

NVG rating?

And, here we go again with the “we hire 100% of our graduates” claim. If this is true, I’d never want to attend this school because it’s a simple deduction; not everyone who wants to do this, should be doing this….. Additionally, the 100% claim can be spun, like saying, 100% of our employees were hired….. Or, 100% of my helicopter time is conducted in helicopters……

In any case, buyer beware….

Edited by Spike

It's true that "Many commercial helicopter pilots today were pilots during the Vietnam War." Somebody will take my seat soon, but soon is relative, my 'soon' might not be the same as yours, especially with a $100,000+ debt tail.

Edited by Wally

In my career endeavors, I think it should read "2000 hr helicopter pilots with 1000hrs turbine, NVG and significant night cross county time and current in the AS350 and B407 in high demand". That's a long title though......

A new grad with those quals spent a long time in school.

In any case, buyer beware….

Truly a buyer beware situation! Especially with promises like those.

I met the owner in 2004 in my list of flight schools to investigate and the individual definitely is a great sales man (hence the apparent success of his company over the years). I chose another flight school and that flight school happened to be a new company that sprung up from a former employee/student of his. Funny how the industry's wheels/rotors turn. The same sales pitches made in the article brought me back to my 2004 meeting/investigation into the flight school. Only one thing was missing- how much weight you need to loose to fly in the R22.

Thought this link would be appropriate for this forum with the salary posting of 80k +

http://www.jsfirm.com/job/Pilot-Rotary+Wing+Universal+Helicopter+Instructor/multiple+locations-Arizona/jobID_160194

I did my Com. Rating at K-State before they were using Universal and they have some excellent instructors with thousands of hours. They have a high job placement rate every year for their graduates, but that Universal Ad, is that 80,000 dash- + or is it a minus+. IE salary from 0 to 80,000+.

Thought this link would be appropriate for this forum with the salary posting of 80k +

http://www.jsfirm.com/job/Pilot-Rotary+Wing+Universal+Helicopter+Instructor/multiple+locations-Arizona/jobID_160194

If he hires some experienced CFIs (by offering them 80k a year) who's going to want to fly with the 200hr "fresh of the line" ones?

Dr. Gordon Jiroux. President & CEO, Chief Flight Instructor, Gordon is widely considered to be one of the most knowledgeable and skilled professionals within the helicopter industry.

Gordon is known nationwide as well as abroad, as one of the most professional, knowledgeable and conscientious helicopter flight instructors.

Oh..... The guy who flies the local EMS EC135 with about 30,000hrs in Gulfsteam 550s, Lear jets, Falcon jets, Agusta 109s, S76s, EC135s, 145s, AS350s seems to be a pretty skilled professional as well. Was there an interview or something they missed where they were passing out that title?

Edited by Flying Pig