Jan 2014 WOFT Board

Thanks, I was hoping you would chime in. Although, that story is not something I'm willing to allow. Im not sure how I should (or if I should) pursue someone with sway.... I've done everything else I can between my recruiter and others.

I had the same mindset as you and wanted to be SURE that I was on the September board after not being on July but because everyone resigned the missed July board to not submitting in time nobody would really do much for me and I couldn't find any way at all to get confirmation. You could try giving another region a call and let them know that your region wouldn't help you out and they might be able to do something? It's a horrible feeling not knowing for sure if you are board ready, I know it well, but there's truly not much you can do. The recruiters are literally on orders not to give out the USAREC contact. If you know someone with sway and they're willing to check in on it, I would for sure ask them to see what they could do, but they might not do anything until an error has actually been made (ie: missing the board). It gets even more difficult because if something is wrong it's likely wrong at the recruiting battalion level and your recruiters can't really do much themselves. You could have the best recruiting office in the country but if battalion doesn't do their part, it goes nowhere. How many more days until the board?

I was just about to post an update to that question. The countdown timer is showing just over 8 days, expecting Jan. 15. My regional CW3 seemed like he would of helped me if he could have. He took my social and tried to look it up, but he said they cant track civilian apps. I asked if that was across the board for all civilian apps and he said yes, only question I thought to ask, wasnt expecting to hear that they can't track civs.

Although your experience is a shining example (of sorts) and I am very happy it worked out for you, given the timing of your application(s), you were poised to rebound simply because of slot availability in the boards that followed your initial attempt. I am putting together some info. that pertains to my region, and possibly others. Will post later.

I think I should make a call or two and try find contact info for the WOFT NCOIC. Pretty sure that is my only option... Recruiter told me again today that it was sent up last week.... There is a difference between probably fine and for sure fine...

It sounds like your regional guy just tried looking you up in the AD section. I'd call your regional guy back and ask him if there is any way he can actually call or email the USAREC QC NCOIC for the board directly. Let him know that another previous civilian applicant was able to get confirmation from a regional recruiter by that method. It's not the usual way they go about things but it can be done.

Roger, thanks I'll try that and would have already but thats why I asked him what I did, If that was SOP for civs, and he said yes, they can't track. I assumed that was it wout explicitly asking for what youve suggested. Thanks.

Thoughts on my packet, do I have a shot here?

GT score: 125

SIFT: 59

New Mexico State University, BA in Kinesiology, minor in Psychology, GPA 2.7

Prior Enlisted: Air Force C-130 Loadmaster

LOR's: (AF Maj.) Predator pilot/close friend, (AF Maj.) C-130 Pilot/ close friend, (Ret. Navy Capt.) Former Naval aviator/close friend.

APFT: scored a 250

Thoughts on my packet, do I have a shot here?

GT score: 125

SIFT: 59

New Mexico State University, BA in Kinesiology, minor in Psychology, GPA 2.7

Prior Enlisted: Air Force C-130 Loadmaster

LOR's: (AF Maj.) Predator pilot/close friend, (AF Maj.) C-130 Pilot/ close friend, (Ret. Navy Capt.) Former Naval aviator/close friend.

APFT: scored a 250

Are you on the January board? If so, you will know in about a week.

Mr. Obvious out.

Im putting together something really special for everyone. I think it will be the best quantitative measure available to applicants. Standby, im about to eat and play war thunder before I get this product debut together.

My personal eval of you though (hopefully I assume more credibility next week), is that your stats are fine. We are playing with uncertain futures, everyone knows that. But I believe, given you improve and submit the best possible, this will happen. Everyone knows the age restrictions and what factors are out of control. I think most of us woke up one morning and said 'this is it, this is what I want... etc.'. Hopefully that morning came early. This can take time. Personnally, Im going on 3 years actively pursuing a flight slot in the military... and have been selected, but even then it didnt work out for reasons outside of my control. Right now, the best resource Ive found for comparison is on this forum. That is a sample of selects and only half of a package, you also have the qualified side. Your letter writer titles sound good. Who knows, man, is the honest answer. 0% chance if you do nothing. Hopefully I can shed some light on quantifiable rankings in a bit.

Dudes/ettes, I am going to have to post in morning. Uploading to google drive and having software conversion issues. Look for new thread tomorrow.

This is best I can do now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3L3ncijued4ZVlGYUNqNkU5Q2M/edit?usp=sharing

So I finally got a copy of my flight physical today (it was approved awhile ago but I just never saw a copy). Apparently BTN is sending it up today (I was told it was not too late, although I wish it would have been taken care of much sooner).

Anyway, it says Class 1W approved rather than 1A. Should I be concerned? I'm hoping that I was given the right qualifying test back in November. I was under the impression that a 1A was required and that different 15 mos have different class flight physicals.

Mine says 1W as well. No one has made mention of this to me and I had the same thought after getting mine back. Was told it was fine, but I'm not sure. I made it abundantly clear what I was there for, hopefully they got it right.

Also, anyone interested in ranking your stats against others, check out the new thread.

1 is a "Long Form" flight physical

2 is a "short form", think no eye dilation, EKG. Just labs and pokes.

3 is for Flight Surgeons and ATC folks.

Hope that makes sense.

Interesting article regarding recruitment goals for Army MOS's, to include Army Aviators.

So it seems like they are offering fewer pilot seats going forward, yet the demand may be going down as well (more college students less inclined to join the military due to improving economy). Overall, not sure if this is good news or bad...

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140104/NEWS/301040002/Recruiters-pressed-meet-mission-despite-reduced-goals